Sponsored

Should Ford have made the Voodoo

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Absolutely love this engine! Big yes and whatever happens with these cars in the long run we are all richer for having experienced it.
Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Absolutely love this engine! Big yes and whatever happens with these cars in the long run we are all richer for having experienced it.
Good way to look at it, glass half full kind of guy.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I love the Voodoo, but if they built it with a CPC version and it drove just like it does now, I would of still bought it.

I also love that a company like Ford is still willing to take a chance and build something like the Voodoo. Unfortunately, what I (and I'm sure a lot of others) don't love is it looks like they have a very poorly trained dealer network that is unable and even unwilling at times to deal with some of these issues. The CS is also obviously very lacking.

Hopefully Ford irons out the Voodoo's issues and it ends up being a fairly reliable engine. If they don't and they continue down this shitty customer service path it could be very damaging to Ford's reputation. A lot of us buy their trucks and other products, if I have another major warranty issue with this GT350 and they jerk me around like they did with my 16...............I won't hesitate to move on to another brand for my sports cars and trucks.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Every sports car has its share of engine failures and vocal forum members. This isn't any different except for the unfortunate few it's happened to.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Good way to look at it, glass half full kind of guy.

Whether half full or half empty, glas can always be refilled. ;)

Joke aside, i forgot about the horror stories on the Voodoo getting to 110mph in 4th gear tonight.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
My glass is totally full. Bring back the Habs cheerleader once and for all ponies!

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Think it's fine to push the boundaries of new technology (FPC in a high displacement V8) but with this risk should come the obligation to stand behind the work if things go wrong and do everything you can to improve the customer experience and warranty all defects and I would say err on the side of caution. Unfortunately, it looks too hit or miss so far when comes to the few failed engines. Ford needs to do the right thing 100% of the time and enforce this through the dealers. It will cost Ford much less over the long haul in terms of both real costs and missed revenue opportunities (from damage to brand). There have been many cases where auto companies try to cover up issues and it only worsens the problem. One would think learning from other manufacturers prior mistakes should be easy.

While causes of failures thus far aren't exactly clear, any defective OPG or owners not knowing when the vehicle is down 3+q on oil are things that can easily be fixed by the manufacturer.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
My glass is totally full. Bring back the Habs cheerleader once and for all ponies!

You mean her ! ok so due to popular demand, here is her sister.
IMG_2182.JPG

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You mean her ! ok so due to popular demand, here is her sister.
I just got back from Montreal and the women there are smoking hot.

Yes, Dan, the new avatar beats the most recent, however, I still look (without success) for the photo from your old avatar. :thumbsup:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Are those hockey panties?

Oh, and i too enjoy the voodoo more than i should. I've never been satisfied with a factory exhaust, but i love this one. If it weren't for warranty concerns I'd do headers..because racecar, but really i do love her just the way she is.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Absolutely! My favorite car I've ever owned hands down...