Sponsored

Should Ford put a spare thermostat in the glovebox?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Reading of all the thermostat failures maybe a spare should be put in the glovebox when you purchase the car.
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Haha you mean all 2 ?

Edit: just caught your humor. Well played sir.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's mind blowing it doesn't come with 2 in the first place given the severity of the issue.

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
Reading of all the thermostat failures maybe a spare should be put in the glovebox when you purchase the car.
Funny..... Thermostats should stick open at 90,000 OR 120,000 miles, not 900/1,200 miles.

Wonder if the part is shared with the Coyote

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I was under the impression that those who opted to get TP cars were not getting cooling issues......:lol:i

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd like to see instant karma devices instead.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Everyone so quick to callout possible issues. To many took the red pill clearly

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
Everyone so quick to callout possible issues. To many took the red pill clearly
Yes that's it... Actually it is a very straight forward fault to diagnose. You either have a defective coolant temp sensor or a faulty Thermostat. Odds on the sensor being defective would be crazy with the slight exception of rodent damage or a terminal not being fully seated or a bad crimp/manufacturing defect.

You stick to your keyboard, and ill stick to my experience. :doh:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Yes that's it... Actually it is a very straight forward fault to diagnose. You either have a defective coolant temp sensor or a faulty Thermostat. Odds on the sensor being defective would be crazy with the slight exception of rodent damage or a terminal not being fully seated or a bad crimp/manufacturing defect.

You probably missed all the hoopla over the transmissions overheating on the track (a few people with tech pack cars went into limp mode). OP is just making a joke on that theme. Don't think anyone is trying to insinuate anything about you personally.

-T

La8apx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
You probably missed all the hoopla over the transmissions overheating on the track (a few people with tech pack cars went into limp mode). OP is just making a joke on that theme. Don't think anyone is trying to insinuate anything about you personally.

-T
No i had seen it.. I don't see how someone could make a +$60k purchase without researching and reading the fine print... if you take your street car to the track and it gets hot, KNOWING the OEM makes a point of stating it needs coolers AND provides the option of purchasing the coolers OR Track Pack to PREVENT the overheating from happening, complaining is just dumb.. Maybe Ford should of just removed the Trans/Diff temp sensor from the Tech pack & Base cars and made some money off the people that decide to melt some stuff. If you intended to track your car, buy the track pack no? I ran the nuts off of my car for 6 ish hours in 80 degree temps last weekend and not once it ran into any heat saturation issues but hell, I bought the Track Pack so no complaints here. ;-)

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

It takes just a little more than that but your mostly correct. Keyboards are never correct but anytime you want to check your experience I'll be glad too.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Didn't I read here that for 2017 all GT 350s are getting thermostat coolers? And why hasn't anyone complained that only the Tech Package cars got seat coolers?

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Yes.....

Didn't I read here that for 2017 all GT 350s are getting thermostat coolers? And why hasn't anyone complained that only the Tech Package cars got seat coolers?
LOL.... Yes this is exactly what I ordered.... I'm happy with my order, and I'm keeping my 350 Tech Package when It arrives, for it will never see the TRACK.... I'm so happy that my dealer called my back for the Second time on a GT350... :cheers: John

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
AND provides the option of purchasing the coolers OR Track Pack to PREVENT the overheating from happening, complaining is just dumb.. . ;-)
And where / when was the option to buy transmission and diff coolers offered by Ford . . .?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have actually seen complaints about that on here. And complaints about not being able to get the better stereo with the track stuff. Lots and lots of complaints.

But most of those complaints were 6+ months ago when it became crystal clear what the packages would be.

The new complaints are about cooling problems, because it only just recently became crystal clear that tech and base owners of FORD'S MOST TRACK CAPABLE MUSTANG EVER are going to have issues during short HPDE sessions.

I expect if you think for a minute you will remember all this. If not, you could probably go back and re-research threads and take notes.
Sponsored