Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I built my engine as follows
Gen2 block $750
Boss crank $350
Compstar rods $750
Mahle pistons kit $750
Bearings 1 stock 1 king $300
Pretty much same. New Gen 2 Block, Diamond pistons, Molnar Rods, Coolant jacket supports,.
Question on timing component mid level upgrade?? Bos302 tensioners? How about recommended chains and guides for about 18psi?? And part numbers if you have
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Pretty much same. New Gen 2 Block, Diamond pistons, Molnar Rods, Coolant jacket supports,.
Question on timing component mid level upgrade?? Bos302 tensioners? How about recommended chains and guides for about 18psi?? And part numbers if you have
I also run MHS cylinders support kit. I figured it’s cheap insurance.
I used sai li secondary chains and gt350 primary chains, Boss tensioners, gt350 cam sprockets/vct, MMR secondary tensioner flip bracket, stock guides (I have never had any trouble with them) and comp cams valve springs kit

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Timing components have more to do with how high you plan to spin the motor more than any power or boost level. The stresses the chains and guides see are the same at any particular rpm or reaction to throttle input for a given RPM whether it's a 500 hp motor or a 1200 hp motor. What stresses them out is 9k+ rpm and to a lesser degree, if you've installed an ultra lightweight flywheel a 7" clutch, a lightweight CF driveshaft, etc and the thing screams from idle to redline in an instant. The other thing that stresses them out is if you're running like wicked valve springs and you've increased the lobe resistance (and therefore the tension on the chain to spin the cams through the lifters).

I would say if you're gonna run E-85, look into the E resistant guides, but beyond that if you're not planning on revving to the moon or creating some sort of F1 style motor response, the OEM chains are fine. Can't hurt, but if you're on a tight budget, it won't matter all that much if you're at stock redline and you're not changing the cams/springs.

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for the responses. Running E85. Keeping it below 8000rpm. Will be upgrading to a stage2 valve spring. I’ll think about the chains for a little bit.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks for the responses. Running E85. Keeping it below 8000rpm. Will be upgrading to a stage2 valve spring. I’ll think about the chains for a little bit.
Gt350 primary chains are like $60. But the secondary chains are the weak ones

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That’s nice. Accufab, sai Ii, MMR all order from the same supplier
Whats nice about it? I had a conversation with John recently and he mentioned the opposite. He either lied to me or your facts are incorrect. Pick one.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Whats nice about it? I had a conversation with John recently and he mentioned the opposite. He either lied to me or your facts are incorrect. Pick one.
Whatever you say buddy. I don’t feel like arguing because for one thing it doesn’t matter. Two- I know who makes them and where. Three-it’s just not worth trying to convince you.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That would not be a long lasting safe 900whp combination. It may last for 6 months to a year but not long term. That’s still stock parts.
I'm on nearly 2 years and over 70 passes on a stock gen3 at 1000whp, stock opg/cs too.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Whatever you say buddy. I don’t feel like arguing because for one thing it doesn’t matter. Two- I know who makes them and where. Three-it’s just not worth trying to convince you.
Nobody is looking for an argument. I have a known figure in the modular world stating one thing and forum guy stating another. If you have some info, post it up. I dont care who makes em or sells em, as long as they are reliable. Im just a consumer looking for facts.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'm on nearly 2 years and over 70 passes on a stock gen3 at 1000whp, stock opg/cs too.
Absolutely. But every time you take it down the track you know that there’s a chance it’s the last

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Nobody is looking for an argument. I have a known figure in the modular world stating one thing and forum guy stating another. If you have some info, post it up. I dont care who makes em or sells em, as long as they are reliable. Im just a consumer looking for facts.
The point is that they are all just as reliable. All are much stronger than stock
Sponsored