Sponsored

Short shifter?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Yeah that would be sweet. For $350 I'd be all over it.

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How much do you guys say these things are to have someone install? I've got exhaust now and with tint and one of these Bartons, I would be happy happy!
Install time varies greatly from shop to shop. I can do an install in less then an hour. Plan on 2 hours for a shop to do it, if their labor rate is $60 an hour that's $120 for the install.

As much as I would love to, I cant do a group buy. I have to be fair to all my dealers and with all the components that are machined for this shifter, its tough to compete. Made in the USA, is not the cheapest option, but its the best.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Not bad on the install, I will have to call my shop and see what he thinks. And then start saving my pennies!

Sponsored

gtmiller1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well, I'm giving the Barton a shot, should have installed Sunday and will be able to give a back to back review of it versus the MGW. Thanks Dave for your help and the quick shipping!

Speed Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX w/ IRS
That'll be cool, looking forward to a user's review and preference.

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I have the MGW waiting to go in mine. MGW has never disappointed us in many many years of using them. They have always been superior to any other shifter we have seen in our opinion.
Have never tried a Barton before so I can't speak for their shifters. We do have customers with them and they are happy.

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Install time varies greatly from shop to shop. I can do an install in less then an hour. Plan on 2 hours for a shop to do it, if their labor rate is $60 an hour that's $120 for the install.

As much as I would love to, I cant do a group buy. I have to be fair to all my dealers and with all the components that are machined for this shifter, its tough to compete. Made in the USA, is not the cheapest option, but its the best.
So if i visit you guy with appointment, you guys can ready for the shifter for me and install less than a hour? That is great. but 4 hours distance from NJ. :frusty:

Only one thing i am worry about is. if i change the shifter and somehow transmission fails, Dealer point the shifter made the situation even thought the shifter was warking better than stock.

OP
OP
Adaraas

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Random question, maybe stupid maybe not, but does the reverse camera still work with the barton?

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Have the Barton, it was tightly springed at first. It loosened up and is easier to shift now. The reversa camera works with Barton or MGW.

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So if i visit you guy with appointment, you guys can ready for the shifter for me and install less than a hour? That is great. but 4 hours distance from NJ. :frusty:

Only one thing i am worry about is. if i change the shifter and somehow transmission fails, Dealer point the shifter made the situation even thought the shifter was warking better than stock.
We do installs for free. So if your willing to make that drive we will put it in.
Some dealers might give you a hard time over the shifter if you ever have trans problems, but most wont. There are a lot of dealers around the country who actually install our shifters if their customer is having problems. But I always tell everyone, its easier to pull it out and put the factory one in if you ever do need to have the trans looked at.
Sponsored