Sponsored

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
We do installs for free. So if your willing to make that drive we will put it in.
Some dealers might give you a hard time over the shifter if you ever have trans problems, but most wont. There are a lot of dealers around the country who actually install our shifters if their customer is having problems. But I always tell everyone, its easier to pull it out and put the factory one in if you ever do need to have the trans looked at.
That is awesome!!!!! you make the 4 hours distance is nothing. My car is in dealership now. they contact with Ford Tech Dept now about my shifter. if they can not find the answer for me. i will call you and make the appointment with you guys.

Thank you so much!!!

Free installs:hail:

Wish I was closer, that is a killer deal!:frusty:
Yes it is. it kills all.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Any chance you guys will be in Myrtle Beach this year for Mustang week...and doing free installs for purchases? A few rounds are on me afterwards :cheers:

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any chance you guys will be in Myrtle Beach this year for Mustang week...and doing free installs for purchases? A few rounds are on me afterwards :cheers:
We will be there, you can even try the shifter in our car. Unfortunately, we can't do installs at the show because of our booth location, but there are different companies there that will install our shifter for you for a fee. Last year I think they were charging $50. The 2015 car takes a little longer so Im sure it will be a bit more then that.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
We will be there, you can even try the shifter in our car. Unfortunately, we can't do installs at the show because of our booth location, but there are different companies there that will install our shifter for you for a fee. Last year I think they were charging $50. The 2015 car takes a little longer so Im sure it will be a bit more then that.
Thanks! I am going to see about making it that way and hopefully can check it out in person!

Sponsored

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
GTmiller....

you are the FIRST person we have had that has had ANY issues with any vibration with the RACE SPEC...something is definitely not installed right or something is loose.

You should not have ANY mean rattling or anything. Yes the shifter will vibrate but that's because it is mounted to the transmission solidly but that's only FEEL not noise. Never rest your hand on the shifter when driving and it will not even be an issue.

The throw on our shifter is 20 percent. It may not seem like a lot but after testing many many throw settings we felt this setting was best to make sure the synchros do not get too much stress. its a lot harder to slow down your hand speed ( actually close to impossible ) then to set the throw ratio right so you can shift as fast as you can.

It sounds like you are giving up on a shifter that is rated THE BEST on the market for good reason. Watch this video and you will see that it is the best no compromise solution without ANY optional linkages or anything. EVERYTHING is in the kit . its basically a top loader now.

https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/103

Call me directly at 706-829-3030 if you aren't happy with the shifter because something is not right.

George
mt82-new-01.jpg

Sponsored

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
here are some videos of the MAIN focus on our shifter...

you guys need to understand that shift THROW is such a very very very small aspect of a good shift on these newer cars. The biggest issue is fixing slop, lockout and making the shift more precise and smooth...

watch these videos and you will see just why this shifter design is so formidable...

[ame]

and this video is actually from the owner of SVT performance in his personal ecoboost ...it shows how the shifter is now MATED as one with the trans....

the shifter will of course have felt vibration because the engine and trans vibrate...thats what they do. thats what ANY combustion engine does.

when you understand the physics behind the design you will appreciate the function and the science behind why it does what it does. The goal....

NEVER MISS A SHIFT!!!!

[ame]

George

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Can't wait for my MGW. Hurry up and ship it out!