Shocks for 2015 gt pp car

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I need to replace the rear shocks on my 2015 mustang gt performance pack car. I was going to purchase the Ford track pack shocks and struts but it says designed to be used their lowing springs. I am not not looking to lower the car any.

would it be best to stick with the Oem pp replacements or what shocks should I go with. Car is a fun daily driver.
Sponsored

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
Monroe OESpectrum #5512 if you want to get rid of the bounciness at a great price (Rock Auto). I also have a pair of Vikings that I use during spring and fall when temperatures are good for the drag strip. They can be adjusted to ride nice too but are noisier than the Monroes.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I think you can run the Ford track shocks with stock springs. I’ve run significantly stiffer shocks and loved them with stock PP springs

Being slightly over damped is fine, and really they just mention lowered cars because thats who they think is going to be shopping for shocks.

OP
OP

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yeah I think you can run the Ford track shocks with stock springs. I’ve run significantly stiffer shocks and loved them with stock PP springs

Being slightly over damped is fine, and really they just mention lowered cars because thats who they think is going to be shopping for shocks.
I wasn’t sure if the length of the shock/strut was the reason.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t sure if the length of the shock/strut was the reason.
I would think not, because even cars that sit a bit lower with their weight on them still have the same suspension travel at the extremes.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Track pack or Bilstein. Toss up as to price and availability.

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
I need to replace the rear shocks on my 2015 mustang gt performance pack car. I was going to purchase the Ford track pack shocks and struts but it says designed to be used their lowing springs. I am not not looking to lower the car any.

would it be best to stick with the Oem pp replacements or what shocks should I go with. Car is a fun daily driver.
Steeda non adjustable if you aren't lowering the car. I am in the exact same scenario and am doing mine on Thursday. Full disclosure I haven't driven on them yet but I have spoken to many people who were in the same boat, wanted better shocks with a little more control over factory PP but didn't want to drop the car. I will post if I am disappointed with the ride but I don't think that will be the case.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda non adjustable if you aren't lowering the car. I am in the exact same scenario and am doing mine on Thursday. Full disclosure I haven't driven on them yet but I have spoken to many people who were in the same boat, wanted better shocks with a little more control over factory PP but didn't want to drop the car. I will post if I am disappointed with the ride but I don't think that will be the case.
Track pack or bilsteins will probably ride better than the steeda non adjustable because they’re monotubes and monotubes seem to cancel small harshness better.

Steeda non-adj will probably feel great compared to stock, not saying you won’t like them.

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Track pack or bilsteins will probably ride better than the steeda non adjustable because they’re monotubes and monotubes seem to cancel small harshness better.

Steeda non-adj will probably feel great compared to stock, not saying you won’t like them.
Agreed. I bought the shocks a few years back when the bilsteins weren't available.

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

They felt great, for about two weeks. I started getting a rattle from the rear passenger side and couldn't find anything loose. I took off the shock and it has zero rebound. Complete shock failure. I'm not amused. While they're brand new, I actually bought them a few years ago so I am sure there's no warranty I can take advantage of. Really sucks. I guess I am gonna buy the Bilsteins.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I took off the shock and it has zero rebound. Complete shock failure. I'm not amused. While they're brand new, I actually bought them a few years ago
call TJ @Steeda and they should be able to send you a new unit for a good price
Sponsored