Service Plan

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Have you got a link to where you can buy it online? Also, what's the easiest way to take out the extended warranty?
See page 13 of the Ford Mustang Pricelist
http://www.ford.co.uk/cs/BlobServer...cation/pdf&blobwhere=1214656437166&blobkey=id

These are Ford products and your dealer may want to sell you a more expensive "local" product.

Unlike a 3rd party warranty with so many exclusions this Ford warranty is an extension of the standard Ford warranty which you get with the new car. In my view the extended Warranty is a MUST. Imagine in years 4 & 5 when fixing simple electrical fault could cost many times the cost of the extended warranty let alone the cost of an engine or transmission failure.

"Ford Protect Classic extended warranty plans can be purchased any time up until the vehicle's first date of registration"
This condition mystifies me but the extended warranty was not available when I took delivery the Mustang so my dealer negotiated with Ford to take the warranty a few months after I took delivery.

Every new Ford car is protected by a 3 year/60,000 mile Ford Warranty. In addition, it will also come with Ford Assistance for 1 year, providing roadside assistance in the UK and throughout Europe.
Ford Protect Classic 4th/5th Year Extended Warranties
If you plan on keeping your car for longer than 3 years or are a high mileage driver you can extend your 3 year/60,000 mile warranty to either 4 years/80,000 miles or 5 years/100,000 miles.
Features*:
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings][/FONT][/FONT]
Cover against the cost of repair or replacement of defective parts, or to repair a material, assembly or manufacturing defect recognised by Ford
Protection against unexpected repair bills
All repairs will be carried out by Ford Authorised Dealers using genuine Ford parts
Ford Protect Classic extended warranty plans can be purchased any time up until the vehicle's first date of registration
Ford Protect Classic 4th/5th Year Extended Warranty Prices
Plan Enhancements
Price (inc. VAT)
4 Years
£230.00
5 Years
£540.00
Ford Protect Premium Plan
You can also upgrade to a Ford Protect Premium Plan giving you the option of scheduled services and extended Ford Assistance.
Features*:
Scheduled Servicing; covers scheduled servicing recommended by Ford, including associated parts and labour, for the number of services applicable to your plan; replacement brakefluid (every other
year); bodywork and paint check (every other year); air conditioning check (at third year only)
Extended Ford Assistance; roadside assistance in the UK and throughout Europe
Vehicle Hire; for up to 7 days
Ford Protect Premium Plans can be purchased any time before the first service.
Plan Length
No. of Services
Price (inc. VAT)
2 Years
£390.00
3 Years
£590.00
Notes and Conditions
The length of your plan (and number of services on Premium Plans) applies from your new vehicle warranty commencement date, usually the date of first registration
Time and mileage limits apply to all Ford Protect Plans
It is a condition of Ford Protect Premium Plans that your vehicle is serviced by an Authorised Ford Repairer according to the schedules in your Ford Service Portfolio
In addition your Ford Service History Log must be kept up-to-date
These Ford Protect Plans are transferable so it is an added benefit to the new owner if your decide to sell your vehicle
Prices were correct at time of printing and include VAT at 20%
Ask your Ford Dealer for full details of the Ford Protect Extended Warranty or Premium Plans and their associated Terms and Conditions or alternatively call Ford Protect on 03702 416726, Option 2, Option 2,
or visit [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]www.ford.co.uk[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
*Subject to the terms and conditions of the Ford Protect Plans
Sponsored

Attachments

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Just to let you guys know, the Service plan does not work out that much cheaper than paying for each service, the only thing it does cover is IF the cost of servicing goes up. The extended road side assistance is added whether you buy the plan or pay for each service.
1st service = £190
2nd service = £210
Total = £400 (2 year service plan £390) SAVING £10
3rd service = £190
Total = £590 (3 year service plan £590) NO SAVING

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Does anyone have an actual physical service book? :shrug:
I've got a full workshop manual which includes the maintenance schedule but it's for the US i.e. 5k service intervals.

In the US the service schedule is in the owners manual, ours is separate but should be a copy in your glove box; I'll check mine later.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just to let you guys know, the Service plan does not work out that much cheaper than paying for each service, the only thing it does cover is IF the cost of servicing goes up. The extended road side assistance is added whether you buy the plan or pay for each service.
1st service = £190
2nd service = £210
3rd service = £190
Maybe for you lol! i've seen people dropping 240-280 for their first service :eyebulge::eyebulge:

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've got a full workshop manual which includes the maintenance schedule but it's for the US i.e. 5k service intervals.

In the US the service schedule is in the owners manual, ours is separate but should be a copy in your glove box; I'll check mine later.
Nope. Only got the manual, a quick reference guide and a single sticker with a VIN-type number on it.

I can't remember seeing anyone on here confirming they have an actual book?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, it's not with the other paperwork and I'm not sure I recall seeing that.

Have to check my big bumper folder of other stuff! :D
It's the doc you get your service stamps in as well. Mine has even got a PDI stamp :eyebulge:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Maybe for you lol! i've seen people dropping 240-280 for their first service :eyebulge::eyebulge:
That's crazy!!

It's the doc you get your service stamps in as well. Mine has even got a PDI stamp :eyebulge:
Yep that's the booklet I have got, which also has the PDI stamp, dealer signature and my signature to say the car was handed over on the date stated.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a booklet, it's different to [MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] 's the back pages are for PDI/Service Stamps (Dont have a PDI one, but i'll get them to put one in during the service lol).

Sits in the 'documents' bit of the glove box... Have a look in there [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] the little yellow tab. Might be an A5 looking booklet. (mine is?!)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
1st service = £190
2nd service = £210
3rd service = £190
First service is just oil, filter and diags is it not? Surely there must be a significant increase in the services that include plugs, brake fluid, etc?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
First service is just oil, filter and diags is it not? Surely there must be a significant increase in the services that include plugs, brake fluid, etc?
Just to be clear, the book I've got is just somewhere to put the stamps, and has an explanation of why you won't be covered by the warranty. There is no actual info about what the services include. Makes it hard to prove you've had it serviced in accordance with the manufacturers instructions if you go somewhere else.
Sponsored