The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So a couple of months till i'll be forking out for road tax and service.
Anyone got any clue as to how much the second and third services are likely to cost? I know no one is anywhere near that stage but just wondering how much cheaper the service plan is likely to work out over three separate services.
I am likely to use Ford for servicing.
Second is meant to be a 'Major service' according to ford, third is meant to be a 'MOT + Intermediate service' (Intermediate service for year 1 as well).

Buy the Plan online (£590 for 3 years) before u pay if ur gonna go with ford for all 3 years. Way way way cheaper than paying £250 a go and then whatever hellish pricing they put on a MOT.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TomG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT RHD
The initial quote I got from Hendys for £913ish is what you'd end up paying (with them at least) for all three. Hence the £590 from Ford seem quite like a bargain all of a sudden...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Second is meant to be a 'Major service' according to ford, third is meant to be a 'MOT + Intermediate service' (Intermediate service for year 1 as well).

Buy the Plan online (£590 for 3 years) before u pay if ur gonna go with ford for all 3 years. Way way way cheaper than paying £250 a go and then whatever hellish pricing they put on a MOT.
I'm inclined to believe that is the way to go for those trusting in Ford :D

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Be interested to see if they stick to the prices. My Mondeo had it's second service at 36000 miles, quoted a standard service price. When I turn up; "oh, we now recommend a change of transmission fluid and filter at 36,000 miles, would you like that done". 300 quid extra - what's the choice? Say no, and lose the warranty. :shrug: As it happens the shifts were getting a bit slack and this fixed it. Be interesting to see what 'optional' extras crop up for our Mustangs. New airbags, harder rear seat cushions, padding on the pillars.....? Coughundersealcough.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black

As far as I know the Ford Service Plan does not include the MOT. It would not make sense as the service interval is 1 Year or 10K miles and the MOT may not be due at the time of the 3rd service.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know the Ford Service Plan does not include the MOT. It would not make sense as the service interval is 1 Year or 10K miles and the MOT may not be due at the time of the 3rd service.
I was told it did :shrug:

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No point getting an MOT at the 3rd service, it'll be a year early ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe

Have you got a link to where you can buy it online? Also, what's the easiest way to take out the extended warranty?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=24039]CaptainSensible[/MENTION]
http://www.ford.co.uk/Buyingandprot...rsServicingandExtendedRoadsideAssistancePlans

Extended warranty I have no idea, there's laws that extend it upwards to 12 years, as technically if you're unaware of the issue and are made aware at certain times you can still get things done under warranty; however it's a bit more risky/harder to do. (Mind you ford are already hard to get stuff out of!).

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Ford extended warranty is through supplying dealer and has to be done prior to registration (AFAIK). Don't think it can be done any other way.

Service plan and extended warranty were both done by my dealer when I went in to do the final paperwork a couple of days before pick-up... very easy process I thought!

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I bought the Ford service plan & extended warranty from my dealer after I had owned the car for about 7 months; no problem at all....

Although the price list does state the extended warranty needs to be bought at time of first registration, the dealer was happy to take the money.
Sponsored