Sponsored

Seat movement during HPDE

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Hey all, I did my first event last weekend at COTA and it was amazing. I definitely will be going back for more events at COTA and hopefully Cresson. While driving hard around the corners I could feel my seat shifting slightly to the side. I have the sport seats with A/C. Has anyone else experienced that? My Mustang is my daily driver so I want to keep the sport seats but I am contemplating switching to race seats during events. If I do will I have to deal with sensors and resetting idiot lights etc? I ask because I had a BMW with airbags and sensors and if I disconnected the seat then errors came on the dash and it required getting my ecu flashed to correct.
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Swap away. You'll get an airbag light but it goes away when you reinstall stock seat.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Yes my seat moves slightly ( Cooled seats too ) .

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I've got the leather seats. 6'4 190. I track a couple times a month. I slide all over the place but I've never felt the seat shift as if its not bolted down correctly. The leather seats are garbage but I suppose I've gotten good at bracing myself. Perhaps if the money's are ever there I'll grab some actual race seats. That's pretty low on the priority list though. Next mod is diff cooling.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Quick fit harness is probably a better option then a seat for a non dedicated track car

I can hear mine and feel it , but if I grab the seat and shake it , I can’t get it to move .

and yes diff cooler :)

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The seats do move (Recaros too). I don't feel it much when I'm driving but you can see it on video.

OP
OP

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
This is a known issue with Ford and there's a TSB with a suggested janky fix involving some heater hose and clamps. My seat has the slight shift, even happens during spirited street driving, and I've been meaning to try Ford's fix. Ford TSB 18-2361
Janky but I get it. I will have to try this out.

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Janky but I get it. I will have to try this out.
Had the same issue with my old Focus ST with Recaros. I ended up using a pair of Whiteline KLL122 Alloy Sway bar clamps (22mm size) to keep the seat from shifting side to side. There is a bar that runs perpendicular to the seat in the Focus Recaros. Might be the same setup with the Mustang Recaros. Before ordering them (got mine on Amazon) you should pull the seat and measure that bar so you get the right size.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
My recaros move a bit even.

Edit: after reading the TSB I should clarify what I feel and see in video is deflection of the seat back. I am not seeing sliding of components.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This is a known issue with Ford and there's a TSB with a suggested janky fix involving some heater hose and clamps. My seat has the slight shift, even happens during spirited street driving, and I've been meaning to try Ford's fix. Ford TSB 18-2361
TSB 18-2361 has been superseded by TSB 20-2171 (attached)
Sponsored

Attachments