Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
My GT350R is in the shop today for camber; just installed Vorschlag camber plates; opinions on settings? I suggested 2.75 front? Ford is at 2.2? There’s a high speed downhill tight right there at Sonoma? The expert at Vorschlag said 3?
Sponsored

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What tires?

OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone run at Sonoma raceway in a GT350R?

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I did a day there a few years ago in my non-R, stock, and in my 350z a long time ago. Unfortunately I don’t have any good advice regarding setup. If you’re using your car for both street and track, and if you can relatively easily change settings, then going to 3 degrees for the track probably makes sense and you can change to something less for the street. If you need to “set it and forget it” then maybe something less aggressive for combined duty would make sense. If it’s track only then 3 might be fine. Not sure how much it would affect braking, but if I recall, Sears Point isn’t too bad on brakes. But that could also be due to my wussy driving.

-T

Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how aggressive I’ll get yet . I have two days of track . Billy Johnson’s test with carbon fiber wheels showed 1.25? Less need for negative camber. Stiffer wheels. He said 3 1/2 would be around 2.4 with CF wheels. So I’m Oscillating between 2.5 to 2.75? Going with Billy Johnson’s 2.4 that would leave me with close to what I’ve been hearing with alloy wheel gt350’s at 3 1/2 ? I believe I would have a better breaking foot prints with 2 1/2 versus 2.75.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I do with my GT. My best lap is 1:45
Short answer. The more camber the better.
I would do 3 front 2.0 rear.
If a " daily" just be less aggressive with toe. Like 0 front amd a little toe in rear

If not daily..toe out front toe in rear.

Alessandro

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
What day are you going? I might go with SV the second weekend of August.

I have the Vorshlag plated In and for some reason it maxed out at -2.6 and -2.7. I know it’s advertised as more but that’s what my shop got it to and it’s maxed out on the plate itself on the indicators.

Im gonna run this setup at laguna seca on 7/31 - 8/1 then potentially run it 8/7 at Sonoma

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I do with my GT. My best lap is 1:45
Short answer. The more camber the better.
I would do 3 front 2.0 rear.
If a " daily" just be less aggressive with toe. Like 0 front amd a little toe in rear

If not daily..toe out front toe in rear.

Alessandro
Listen to Ale ^^^
On pretty much everything track related I'd agree with Ale and Kevin. In this case though, I would side more with Billy Johnson in saying that you don't need that much camber with the CF wheels. Aluminum wheels, 3+ degrees for sure. CF wheels don't flex like the aluminum ones do so you don't need as much camber as you would expect.

Check out this article. I never would have given the differences in construction a second thought until I read this one.

https://motoiq.com/tested-carbon-revolution-carbon-fiber-wheels/7/

Sponsored
OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What day are you going? I might go with SV the second weekend of August.

I have the Vorshlag plated In and for some reason it maxed out at -2.6 and -2.7. I know it’s advertised as more but that’s what my shop got it to and it’s maxed out on the plate itself on the indicators.

Im gonna run this setup at laguna seca on 7/31 - 8/1 then potentially run it 8/7 at Sonoma
awesome , I’m at Sonoma Thursday night July 29th . Friday tracking and Saturday July 31st with the Shelby American Club . I’ll be towing from north Idaho. My last time at Laguna Seca I was pushing going down the hill in my 1996 SVT Cobra. So enough camber is definitely a topic for that part of the Track . Man you’re going to have fun at “ Ice Station Zebra “ . There was cross winds that day and my open face helmet let my left cheek get sand stung going up the hill lol 😂

OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On pretty much everything track related I'd agree with Ale and Kevin. In this case though, I would side more with Billy Johnson in saying that you don't need that much camber with the CF wheels. Aluminum wheels, 3+ degrees for sure. CF wheels don't flex like the aluminum ones do so you don't need as much camber as you would expect.

Check out this article. I never would have given the differences in construction a second thought until I read this one.

https://motoiq.com/tested-carbon-revolution-carbon-fiber-wheels/7/
there’s been a delay until next week for my alignment: so far it looks like 2.5 in the front . There’s always a wealth of experience and information on our forum . Much thanks to everyone: Jim

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
awesome , I’m at Sonoma Thursday night July 29th . Friday tracking and Saturday July 31st with the Shelby American Club . I’ll be towing from north Idaho. My last time at Laguna Seca I was pushing going down the hill in my 1996 SVT Cobra. So enough camber is definitely a topic for that part of the Track . Man you’re going to have fun at “ Ice Station Zebra “ . There was cross winds that day and my open face helmet let my left cheek get sand stung going up the hill lol 😂
haha! The last time I went with the shelby club was in late November two years ago and it was raining. I couldn’t really push too much so I’m looking forward to a dry track!

Have fun at Sonoma!
Sponsored