Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Cool video. There's a thread on this car over on TMO.

It's interesting to see how a GT4 car stacks up against a bunch of average joe's during what I assume to be an ordinary DE session.

The Viper seemed to hold it's own quite nicely IMO.

[ame]
Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Was there that day, this car/driver was 6-8 seconds faster than the fastest cars in that high advanced run group (and probably has more in it), which actually had some really good/fast drivers in the street cars.

OP
OP
TheDeadCow

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
That's quite impressive. I assume the owner is doing a shake down on the new chassis which is why he's out there in a DE session.

The tranny sounds awesome.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Damn. That thing is on absolute rails. So cool. Been is a hell of a driver. Hope I can be him when I grow up!

Sponsored

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Wow. Smoked a GT3 and a GT3 RS. The driver of the Viper ACR was clearly driving the snot out of the ACR and the GT4 still sailed by.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Dat DCT doe... :love:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Wow. Smoked a GT3 and a GT3 RS. The driver of the Viper ACR was clearly driving the snot out of the ACR and the GT4 still sailed by.
ACR driver didnt know what he was doing. If I remember correctly his pit guy was saying he was doing 1:42. A proper driven ACR with a very good driver has the record there @ 1:38.3 (youtube darius khashabi).

Owner of the GT4 is a member here, I spoke to him on that saturday, he's a mustang guy! :ford:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
ACR driver didnt know what he was doing. If I remember correctly his pit guy was saying he was doing 1:42. A proper driven ACR with a very good driver has the record there @ 1:38.3 (youtube darius khashabi).

Owner of the GT4 is a member here, I spoke to him on that saturday, he's a mustang guy! :ford:
I dunno about you guys but 4 seconds off the track record with the same car wouldn't qualify for "ACR driver didn't know what he was doing"

Great video

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I did a McLaren driving experience at Sonoma last October. That track is fun, but scary as balls. A guy put his beautiful 964 911 into the wall at turn 8 in one of the other sessions. I'm not sure I'd want to run my R or do an WRL/AER enduro there, the risk/reward ratio might not be where I want it.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I dunno about you guys but 4 seconds off the track record with the same car wouldn't qualify for "ACR driver didn't know what he was doing"

Great video
I maybe wrong on the time the blue acr was doing, might have been 1:46, theres a video of a ZL1 1LE easily passing the blue ACR doing a 1:45 lap. 4 or more seconds is an eternity.

The driver of the GT4 is a seasoned driver with years of experience on that track. Darius (speedsf ACR track record guy) is also a seasoned driver, also years of experience. The guy also knows that track on a s1000rr sport bike. I've been following both for years.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Cool video. There's a thread on this car over on TMO.

It's interesting to see how a GT4 car stacks up against a bunch of average joe's during what I assume to be an ordinary DE session.

The Viper seemed to hold it's own quite nicely IMO.

Very cool.

Reminds me of:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Guy with the BOSS had his hands full! haha - fun to watch, thanks!

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Seriously, do people not know what effective driving looks like? The ACR while aggressive, knows exactly what he's doing for that track. That was a very fast run group in an organization that tends to run very fast vs other Norcal organizations.

Great video
Sponsored