S550 Build

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium w/performance pack
I haven't posted any progress pics in awhile. We have been super busy at the shop so work on the car has slowed down a little. I did add a few underhood dress up goodies and a new shift knob. I recently added Carbign Craft coil pack covers, UPR black billet caps on top of the factory caps, UPR black billet strut caps and covers, a UPR catch can(I went with the one that mounts to the core support. I didn't like the other one just hanging off the motor) and a CJ Pony parts white shift knob. I can't decide on what to do with the engine cover. I'm trying to get Carbign to do the top grey piece (with the 5.0 badge) in carbon but they don't have any plans of yet. Maybe if enough people ask they will do it. I like their product as the fiber looks completely factory. There are other companies offering this piece in carbon but the weave doesn't look very good. I don't want the under hood to be all flashy, but I do want it to have a good look. Any of you have any ideas on what to do with the cover?

Sponsored

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
looks good man!

I've been very happy with how my trucarbon engine cover replacement looks on mine. they also have just the "insert" piece as well, which is what I think you were referring to.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sub'd. Love the build thus far. Can't wait to see more.

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
Awesome build so far bud! Can you post additional pics of the wheels but in different angles, Ive only seen drive way pics lol :shrug:

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome build so far bud! Can you post additional pics of the wheels but in different angles, Ive only seen drive way pics lol :shrug:
I'll try to do it this weekend when I am at a show. Won't have time during the week.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We finally had time this week at my shop to get the front camera integration done. I know that some of you were waiting to see this finished. If you are interested in doing this, one of the manufactures we sell builds the modules to do it. It will require two different modules from NAV-TV based out of Florida. Please don't ask me about the wiring as I was not involved in the install. One of my techs did it late last night to get the car ready for a show that we have tomorrow. One module is the front camera module and the second is normally designed to allow the factory rear camera to be forced on while driving. There are two different ways to wire this up. I chose the simple way as I will only be using this when pulling up to a curb. Our install has a small toggle mounted out of view under the dash. Flip the switch and the front camera comes up on the screen. Turn the switch off and it goes back to factory settings. The second way to wire it up still requires a switch but it will allow you to go back and forth between the two cameras. That way if you are going from reverse to forward it will toggle between the two cameras. Again, I didn't need that so we went the simple way.

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the latest addition I have done to the car. Over the weekend I added the 3D Carbon trunk lid lip to match the body kit. The car has been locked in the garage for a few months due to us having a harsh winter this year. Finally got it out and drove it this week.

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot that I also added the Diode Dynamics sequential module for the tail lights.

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that the snow has stopped falling and the roads are starting to clear up in my area, it was time to finish the suspension mods. Last week we installed a Steeda No Hp Package, Steeda sway bars, Steeda camber plates and Steeda differential bushing kit. After all of this the car feels way more planted in the rear. I powder coated the sway bars to match the sub frame connectors. Since the car was apart, we painted the factory calipers satin black and then redid the Brembo logos in white.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=16241]JLsounds[/MENTION] looking good!! Love how you matched the powdercoat!

Sponsored
OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely Stunning build.. Fantastic color by the way.. ;)

Cannot get over the radar integration and mirror or the color matched Roush extractors...

Who did the work for the Radar system ? Cause - Whoever did it is a badass... Wow. Hats off to that Radar install... Where does one have to drive and how much do I need to spend to do the same ? Wow... So.Clean.

Very, Very Nice!!! Cannot wait to see where you head with it in the future, Congrats on MOTM!
we did the radar install at my shop. I own a mobile electronics store located in Bend, Or.

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

here are finished pictures of the audio build of the car. I won't bore you with the build details. If you want full details then look in the infotainment section for a thread titled "high end audio build". The entire build is cataloged there.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
We finally had time this week at my shop to get the front camera integration done. I know that some of you were waiting to see this finished. If you are interested in doing this, one of the manufactures we sell builds the modules to do it. It will require two different modules from NAV-TV based out of Florida. Please don't ask me about the wiring as I was not involved in the install. One of my techs did it late last night to get the car ready for a show that we have tomorrow. One module is the front camera module and the second is normally designed to allow the factory rear camera to be forced on while driving. There are two different ways to wire this up. I chose the simple way as I will only be using this when pulling up to a curb. Our install has a small toggle mounted out of view under the dash. Flip the switch and the front camera comes up on the screen. Turn the switch off and it goes back to factory settings. The second way to wire it up still requires a switch but it will allow you to go back and forth between the two cameras. That way if you are going from reverse to forward it will toggle between the two cameras. Again, I didn't need that so we went the simple way.

Is this front camera setup compatible with a MY17 sync3 system? I need that front camera before I do some damage to the front.:doh:

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
That radar is sweet. By far my fav part of your car lol. Just check online but dam 2200 faaawwk. I can do cams for that money lol.
Good looking car man.
Sponsored