S550 brake pedal area squeaking like crazy

Mak3fit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2021
So 2021 mustang Gt, street driven only and somehow my brake pedal area has developed this annoying squeaking noise?

I heard putting silicone lube in the area would help and I tried some parts with no success, maybe there’s somewhere specific I have to put it not sure.

I also heard it could be the brake fluid system needs to be bled and refilled? I don’t know how that would cause a squeak in the brake pedal area though so somone could let me know if that’s true.

if not then how do I fix this? My cars engine and exhaust are modded so my dealer won’t do warranty work.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I call BS on not doing warranty work. Unless you're not telling us something, your mods have nothing to do with the brakes/steering/ footwell area. As long as your warranty is still in effect they pretty much have to honor it for this.
Find another dealer or call Ford corporate.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Is there fluid leak? I can see something seaping or dripping there.

edit: i see you sprayed some silicone lube, that might be it.

OP
OP
Mak3fit

Mak3fit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2021
I call BS on not doing warranty work. Unless you're not telling us something, your mods have nothing to do with the brakes/steering/ footwell area. As long as your warranty is still in effect they pretty much have to honor it for this.
Find another dealer or call Ford corporate.
Not lying this car just has a tune, suspension and a full exhaust. None of these would affect this issue.
I’m going to call the ford dealer I bought my car from today and see if they will honor the warranty, I tried my local dealer and they said no.

OP
OP
Mak3fit

Mak3fit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2021
Is there fluid leak? I can see something seaping or dripping there.

edit: i see you sprayed some silicone lube, that might be it.
Yea it’s just the silicone lube I tried spraying, it wasn’t leaking before anything

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Not lying this car just has a tune, suspension and a full exhaust. None of these would affect this issue.
I’m going to call the ford dealer I bought my car from today and see if they will honor the warranty, I tried my local dealer and they said no.
I wouldn't even ask about them honoring warranty. I'd just schedule an appointment to have the noise looked at and take it in.
Calling and asking makes it sound like you've done something wrong. Just assume that this is covered then, if there's pushback, you have grounds to call Ford Corporate and complain.
As I understand it the only things they can disallow the warranty on are things that have actually been changed and can be proven to cause the particular fault.
Rough idle they won't fix, bad ac they must fix. Clunking ball joint, they can deny, screwed up Sync they must fix. Messed up muffler hanger they could deny, squeaky interior thet must address.
You may have to fight for your rights but fight you should!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I wouldn't even ask about them honoring warranty. I'd just schedule an appointment to have the noise looked at and take it in.
Calling and asking makes it sound like you've done something wrong. Just assume that this is covered then, if there's pushback, you have grounds to call Ford Corporate and complain.
As I understand it the only things they can disallow the warranty on are things that have actually been changed and can be proven to cause the particular fault.
Rough idle they won't fix, bad ac they must fix. Clunking ball joint, they can deny, screwed up Sync they must fix. Messed up muffler hanger they could deny, squeaky interior thet must address.
100% true.

OP
OP
Mak3fit

Mak3fit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2021
Wish I read this before, called my dealer and they said no matter what the issues is they never work on modded cars… gotta love ford of Kendall lol
My dad called another local dealer and they said they might do it but then there’s a chance they would completely void the warranty before or after so I would maybe have to pay them for the job or the job would be done but then my warranty after would be gone.

how should I go about this from here?:/

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
These dealers are full of shit. Warranty is only void if something you did to the car caused the problem, and only void for that problem it caused and nothing else. Period. That’s the law.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
how should I go about this from here?:/
That depends on what you want to do and how far you want to push it.

There are laws about what can and cannot affect a warranty. The big one is the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. It basically says a dealer must prove your mods caused the problem in order to deny your warranty. It sounds to me like the dealers you have talked to are, at a minimum, trying to bend those laws. And, believe me, they know what laws they are trying to bend/break.
What you can do is educate yourself on your rights then contact Ford and complain and/or get a lawyer involved or??? Or, make an appointment for your problem and take it in, all without further mentioning the mods. Then complain if/when they deny and explain why. But go in with knowledge behind you.

All that's easy for me to say on an internet forum, it's up to you to decide if the effort is worth it to you.

Edit: here's an article on the topic from Edmund's
https://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty/what-voids-your-vehicles-warranty.html

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Unless I missed it - is this a 10R80 or an MT82 equipped GT?

OP
OP
Mak3fit

Mak3fit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2021
Unless I missed it - is this a 10R80 or an MT82 equipped GT?
This has a 10 speed, I took it to a mechanic my dad trusts and he said it is a faulty brake booster so I’m gonna go some time next week once he gets the replacement part delivered to get it fixed and hopefully that’s the issue

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This has a 10 speed, I took it to a mechanic my dad trusts and he said it is a faulty brake booster so I’m gonna go some time next week once he gets the replacement part delivered to get it fixed and hopefully that’s the issue
Ok reason I was asking is because the S550’s with the clutch pedal box are known to creak/squeak and it’s sometimes due to a bad weld in the assembly.
Sponsored