Rusting bodywork

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with where you drive it - the corrosion starts under the paint.
Gregs24 is right,it has nothing to do with usage, it is due to a fault in manufacture hence the TSB issued for aluminium corrosion by Ford.
Sponsored

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Gregs24 is right,it has nothing to do with usage, it is due to a fault in manufacture hence the TSB issued for aluminium corrosion by Ford.
Interesting TSB, thank you. I guess this is covered by the 5 year Corrosion warranty ?

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting TSB, thank you. I guess this is covered by the 5 year Corrosion warranty ?
It’s covered in the USA by the 12 yr anti perforation warranty. Elsewhere in the world it’s down to your local dealer network/ford discretion as to how they interpret advice issued to American dealers. The cause seems to be 50% down to bad preparation of the panels prior to painting and 50% down to fords overly economical use of seam sealer. If you look at the areas that begin to oxidise first it’s the corners where no seam sealer has been applied. Check out a German / Swedish car and they seam seal all the way round the entire panel to prevent water/contamination ingress between the seams. Ford only bother to do straight edges because that’s easier.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So my turn for a bubbling hood now, on the nearside top leading edge and underneath. Finally got hold of Ford UK Customer Services via Twitter, they have directed me to Dinnages in Haywards Heath (closest approved body shop to me), inspection on 6th January.

They (Dinnages) seem pretty clued up on the problem, fortunately I have a full set of body and paint check stamps.

A very happy Christmas and New Year to everyone, for me it has to be better than last year!

MY51 MUS corroding bonnet 1.jpg

MY51 MUS corroding bonnet 2.jpg
Ford..."Quality is Job 1" I gave up, selling mine

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
already? I hope you make your money back on it re 2nd hand car prices / chip shortages whatever excuse there is.
Mate, I'm going to get completely hosed on the sale, taking a complete bath on it

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
As this thread is rusting bodywork does this imply a 2021 model is having such a problem.??

As far as I know to date the corrosion problem has been confined to pre facelift models ,unless anyone out there can tell me different.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
May I ask why you are selling ?
I am selling because the car has been a disappointment given I spent ÂŁ65,000 on it, or $90,000 for our American friends. I like the design of the car, which I think is well engineered, but the build quality is a joke at this price point. Now I'm getting fleeced on the sale.
1642749520317.png

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely agree. I can barely stomach the build quality at the original £36,500 price point. At Mach1 money you need to have a massive surplus of money and be an American car fan to make a case for the mustang given the build quality of the competition. I looked at a new GR supra last week. That’s a well put together thing.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mate, I'm going to get completely hosed on the sale, taking a complete bath on it
total disaster, so far i've received no bids for the car. it's hopeless.
I am selling because the car has been a disappointment given I spent ÂŁ65,000 on it, or $90,000 for our American friends. I like the design of the car, which I think is well engineered, but the build quality is a joke at this price point. Now I'm getting fleeced on the sale.
I really feel sorry for you, but sadly I got the feeling this may happen from the topics we have both contributed to in the past ... :frown:

I think you had got yourself hooked on the Mach 1 hype (NĂĽrburgring thread), you had bought one at top money (ÂŁ75K thread) and then the blinkers started to come off (this thread / brake thread / boredom thread) :frown: I guess the whole Mustang / Mach 1 thing was an impulse purchase ?

I really hope it all works out for you and my advice at the moment would be that if your not in it for the long haul (obviously not), then you do really need to shift it ASAP ...

Good luck to you and I hope it all works out in the long run :like:

WD :like:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I really feel sorry for you, but sadly I got the feeling this may happen from the topics we have both contributed to in the past ... :frown:

I think you had got yourself hooked on the Mach 1 hype (NĂĽrburgring thread), you had bought one at top money (ÂŁ75K thread) and then the blinkers started to come off (this thread / brake thread / boredom thread) :frown: I guess the whole Mustang / Mach 1 thing was an impulse purchase ?

I really hope it all works out for you and my advice at the moment would be that if your not in it for the long haul (obviously not), then you do really need to shift it ASAP ...

Good luck to you and I hope it all works out in the long run :like:

WD :like:
Mate, I think you got it perfectly correct. I bought this thing WAY over list price, for a used one, then realized that I had a lemon. Then the car got damaged. Now I can't get a bid, nothing, not even a low-ball bid. I'm stuck with it.
Sponsored