• Total voters

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK here is Injen's dyno chart for the EVO9202 intake for 2018+ GT's. I asked them to double check because the numbers look low but they said no, 2018 GT manual in 4th gear, 20% parasitic loss. I've seen this once or twice before, where certain dynos show large losses like that. Whatever the case, gains of 26 hp and 23 ft-lbs are pretty impressive if they're true. It's due to arrive here tomorrow, looking forward to installation and seeing if there's a noticeable difference.

Injen Evolution EVO9202 Dyno.jpg
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
OK here is Injen's dyno chart for the EVO9202 intake for 2018+ GT's. I asked them to double check because the numbers look low but they said no, 2018 GT manual in 4th gear, 20% parasitic loss. I've seen this once or twice before, where certain dynos show large losses like that. Whatever the case, gains of 26 hp and 23 ft-lbs are pretty impressive if they're true. It's due to arrive here tomorrow, looking forward to installation and seeing if there's a noticeable difference.

Injen Evolution EVO9202 Dyno.jpg
I would be interested in seeing some before and after performance numbers, at least 1/8 mile

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Following , I really like the look and fitment of the Injen , hope it's decent!

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
The Injen intake that I bought just arrived today. I'll be installing it this weekend.

OP
OP
ghostang

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The Injen intake that I bought just arrived today. I'll be installing it this weekend.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions after you get it installed.

Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, let me start by saying that that I've installed cold air intakes on the following:

2007 GT: Airaid first, then I switched to the Bullitt CAI that was offered by Ford Performance.

2010 GT: Airaid

All of those fit far better than the Injen. Issues I encountered:

1. Despite numerous attempts, the intake tube between the air box and throttle body wouldn't fit no matter how many times I tried.

2. There is no place on the end of the air filter for the included vacuum cap as mentioned in the instructions along with the CJ Pony Parts installation video.

I put the stock intake back in frustration. Weighing my options.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
OK just installed and test drove the Evolution. Echoing a couple of Jim's points above. Installation was a little tricky in spots. Hardest part was installing the tube. You have to push really hard to seat the tube in the filter or you can't slide the coupling over the throttle body. I ended up pushing the filter onto the tube first but then it's hard to twist the filter 1/4 turn to lock it into the housing. Also there's a little (like TINY) rubber tube end cap that the instructions say to put over the fitting at the end of the filter but I couldn't see anywhere it could possibly go.

I'd say this is one of those "I THINK it feels faster" mods like any other CAI. Starting at 3500 rpm and for sure 4000 rpm I kept thinking "did it always pull this hard??". So like anything else if it's worth the money to you, do it. Would be interested if it's helpful to the tuner next year when I'm planning on doing a flex tune. One thing I was happy about was that it's totally silent, although I do have the sound tube removed.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Well crap on a cracker. Wasn't wanting to hear that , it's odd how it seems to get good reviews but you have issues. Maybe need to reach out to Injen

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol, guess we're just left with the Holley now for a good no-tune intake

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK just installed and test drove the Evolution. Echoing a couple of Jim's points above. Installation was a little tricky in spots. Hardest part was installing the tube. You have to push really hard to seat the tube in the filter or you can't slide the coupling over the throttle body. I ended up pushing the filter onto the tube first but then it's hard to twist the filter 1/4 turn to lock it into the housing. Also there's a little (like TINY) rubber tube end cap that the instructions say to put over the fitting at the end of the filter but I couldn't see anywhere it could possibly go.

I'd say this is one of those "I THINK it feels faster" mods like any other CAI. Starting at 3500 rpm and for sure 4000 rpm I kept thinking "did it always pull this hard??". So like anything else if it's worth the money to you, do it. Would be interested if it's helpful to the tuner next year when I'm planning on doing a flex tune. One thing I was happy about was that it's totally silent, although I do have the sound tube removed.
am i one of the only ones on here who actually likes intake noise? that was the only redeeming quality of the PMAS i had on my 2012 (which i ripped off after going much slower at the drags). made my car borderline sound like that NASCAR-engine BMW M1 in Sweden which to this day is one of the best sounding cars i've ever heard

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
am i one of the only ones on here who actually likes intake noise? that was the only redeeming quality of the PMAS i had on my 2012 (which i ripped off after going much slower at the drags). made my car borderline sound like that NASCAR-engine BMW M1 in Sweden which to this day is one of the best sounding cars i've ever heard
I'm old and have tinnitis LOL...probably not a good example!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
lol, guess we're just left with the Holley now for a good no-tune intake
Oh I wouldn't at all say that the Injen is not a good choice. I'm actually surprised that I felt anything at all, given how much evidence there is that the stock air box works well. Aside from how tight the fit is between the filter and intake tube (which is probably a good thing), I really like the design. Very satisfied with the purchase.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Green97 seems to be having some installation issues , may wanna lend a tip or 2. Be nice if he gets it in and gives a second review

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Green97 seems to be having some installation issues , may wanna lend a tip or 2. Be nice if he gets it in and gives a second review
I might give it another try tomorrow. The rest of it fit great.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I might give it another try tomorrow. The rest of it fit great.
Two tips: The first is, don't follow the instructions telling you to tighten the coupling onto the throttle body first - put the coupling on the intake tube first and tighten it, there's not a lot of slack in the clamp at the tube.

Second is the tip I PM'd you earlier, and that is to put the tube into the filter first. I held the tube against my chest and pulled the filter down over the tube with two hands, pulling HARD slid it onto the tube. If I were to do it again I'd probably put some lithium grease on the tube first. You'll feel it when the tube bottoms in the filter. Then you'll be able to get the coupling onto the throttle body. You'll just have to fiddle around with the rotational position of the filter on the tube so that when you turn it in the airbox it locks in at the position the tube attaches to the throttle body.

Additional tips for removing the stock air box: The MAF sensor connector has a little red clip underneath it that has to be slid out before you can remove the connector.

There is a vacuum line going into the front of the intake tube. It has a U-shaped black clip that needs to be pulled out before you can disconnect the line.

The other vacuum line on the inside of the intake tube has a gray clip in it. There's a big gray clip on top that doesn't move, and you have to rotate the line to get to the small end of the gray clip so you can unclip it and remove the tube.

One thing I forgot to mention in the earlier review was how sturdy and well made the system seems to be. I had an AFE CAI on my Silverado for a little while and returned it because the airbox plastic was thin and flimsy, and because it made a horrible booming howling noise.

Thinking back to my test drive today, there were two or three times where I punched it and was surprised at the acceleration, it felt a little like a turbo kicking in. Throttle response at higher rpms is good too. I paid $323 delivered and for that price am not regretting it.

Here's an installed pic (I took the engine cover off)...

IMG_2580.JPG
Sponsored