Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
16' GT convertible
Roush stage 1
3.73's
Steeda linear springs, shocks & struts.
K brace
Borla touring exhaust

Hi Guys, I just had the supercharger installed at the dealer so I could keep the warranty. The car is not as quick as I thought it would be. I guess I was expecting too much. I have a literbike and get caught comparing apples to oranges. On the positive side, the power delivery is very smooth, and there is no whine. The car also sounds better, a little louder & deeper. Sounds like a fire breathing monster! It's like the same motor just increased in power. I put the progressive springs on and the car ride a little smoother, but not enough to justify the loss in handling so I had the linear's put back on. Love this car and plan on putting some 4's's on when these P zero's wear down. Any thoughts on tires?
Have a great day all
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I'm guessing you had this installed ?
Roush R2300 670 HP Supercharger Kit - Phase 1 (15-17 GT)

I want to live in a world where 670 HP is "not quick" :clap:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yeah, I believe you mean you have the Phase 1 supercharger. Stage 1 is a car package itself by Roush. If a dealer installed it, you probably have the Roush tune which is ridiculously conservative.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I have a 16 with the Stage 1 kit. Most guys that race will replace the tune with Lund etc and get a more aggressive performing car tuned to what results they are after. If you want a 100% streetable car that hauls ass and will do it's best to control most aspects of the car and in turn limit any damage then the Roush tune is perfect. Any temp, altitude etc and she works just fine. Not violent by any means but a very substantial push as you run up the RPM range. Perfect for me but maybe not others. My only comparison was my C5 Z06 and it spanked that. This is more HP than I'll need (no stage II in any plans) but to each his own. Try Sport and Track modes and if you are still unhappy, look at tunes. Hope you find what you are after.....

OP
OP
Skate

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I have a 16 with the Stage 1 kit. Most guys that race will replace the tune with Lund etc and get a more aggressive performing car tuned to what results they are after. If you want a 100% streetable car that hauls ass and will do it's best to control most aspects of the car and in turn limit any damage then the Roush tune is perfect. Any temp, altitude etc and she works just fine. Not violent by any means but a very substantial push as you run up the RPM range. Perfect for me but maybe not others. My only comparison was my C5 Z06 and it spanked that. This is more HP than I'll need (no stage II in any plans) but to each his own. Try Sport and Track modes and if you are still unhappy, look at tunes. Hope you find what you are after.....
Thanks, I'm a total speed freak. The car does run great, even smoother than before, and you can't even tell us has a SC. I'll let this settle in for a while & see.....

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'm a total speed freak. The car does run great, even smoother than before, and you can't even tell us has a SC. I'll let this settle in for a while & see.....
I've had my Phase 1 for about a year and a half now, I was in the same boat as you when I first had it installed. Went back and forth in my mind for months trying to justify spending even more money than I already had and came to pretty much the same conclusion as Ronin... It's a perfect package for the street. Faster than 90% of the other cars on the road. The only thing I wish is that the whine was loud, like the old GT500's or Kenne Bell Cobras. I'm sure it will grow on you in time as it did for me.

OP
OP
Skate

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I'm guessing you had this installed ?
Roush R2300 670 HP Supercharger Kit - Phase 1 (15-17 GT)

I want to live in a world where 670 HP is "not quick" :clap:
Right on Buddy! Live it large !

OP
OP
Skate

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I've had my Phase 1 for about a year and a half now, I was in the same boat as you when I first had it installed. Went back and forth in my mind for months trying to justify spending even more money than I already had and came to pretty much the same conclusion as Ronin... It's a perfect package for the street. Faster than 90% of the other cars on the road. The only thing I wish is that the whine was loud, like the old GT500's or Kenne Bell Cobras. I'm sure it will grow on you in time as it did for me.
It's a great car, I just scooped up an M3. Not just in the straights but in the corners. He was all over the place. I backed off. Didn't want him to lose it.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a Roush phase 1 on my 2019. It is plenty fast. I actually like the conservative tune for now. I can drive it as mt daily driver without a problem but know I can get on it if need be. I had it Dyno’ed last week, 599 at the wheel at 6220 rpm. Not bad for a “conservative” tune. There must be a rev limiter. Three pulls and all showed a drop off around 6200 rpm. I plan to take it to the track soon to see what I can do in it.

OP
OP
Skate

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I have a Roush phase 1 on my 2019. It is plenty fast. I actually like the conservative tune for now. I can drive it as mt daily driver without a problem but know I can get on it if need be. I had it Dyno’ed last week, 599 at the wheel at 6220 rpm. Not bad for a “conservative” tune. There must be a rev limiter. Three pulls and all showed a drop off around 6200 rpm. I plan to take it to the track soon to see what I can do in it.
Cool, there is a rev limiter but it's at around 7500 rpm. Maybe I'm too used to the acceleration of the bikes. When you have something that weighs 430 lb. and has 200 hp. It moves really quick! The car just doesn't feel like it has 550+ to the wheels. I'll find out when I get it tested.

Sponsored

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Power curve shows power coming about 3000 rpm. Just get on it. It will put a smile on your face. Btw, I had a hayabusa which was crazy fast. I sold it to get my supercharger. I don’t regret it one bit.

OP
OP
Skate

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
Power curve shows power coming about 3000 rpm. Just get on it. It will put a smile on your face. Btw, I had a hayabusa which was crazy fast. I sold it to get my supercharger. I don’t regret it one bit.
I drove a Stang once that dynoed at 550. Mine just doesn't seem to pull like that car. It takes a looong time to reach 140. I'm actually into bikes primarily, and do a lot of track days. I've always liked mustangs and this is my third one. I had an 89' 5.0 and a 99' SVT. I'm just going to have to get it dynoed to satisfy my curiosity. I'll let you know.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My favourite question with Roush SC's is what is your 0-100 TrackApp time now ? And I know 0-60 times are not a great measure. But this is what is interesting to me.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
He is right is some respects. he said it did not feel like 700hp or like a Porsche with (500hp I think he said). It is not brutal at all, it's smooth. You would not know it is boosted at all if you borrowed it and did not get on it. It will DD just fine. I have never heard the "whine" people associate with an S/C. It is very conservatively tuned. If I am in real fun mode then I'm in Sport mode and above 4k rpm and it pulls like a S/C car. I really have had some fun with a couple passengers. Most are terrified for a second but car guys are grinning ear to ear. It is not like my previous "muscle" cars (GTO, Firebird) at all. Very smooth and kinda tame. This is probably unimpressive to many. However the right tune for drag or track would probably change the entire personality of the car. I like it just as is.. but I'm just a street guy with some fun pulls now and then. I'm also hoping this conservative tune will help keep all the parts inside the engine. Also the pull on the hiway is nuts. you can do 75 to 130 in a heartbeat. The power is there, but refined a bit. maybe too much for Matt and other car guys.
Sponsored