19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
Hello all.

Has anyone had anything like this happen?

I have had this part for a few months and it has cracked with a bad exhaust leak sound. Currently, I am working with Roush to get the part covered under warranty.

So far they have been great with customer service. Just curious if this has been an issue anyone else has seen.

Roush 5.jpg
Roush 4.jpg
Roush 3.jpg
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen the occasional picture of a h pipe failure like that on here before :

Does the roush H have a gusset on the opposite end to the crossover pipe to stiffen it up and take some stress off the welds ?

WD :like:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I suggest contacting Roush to see if you can send it back in for evaluation and receive a new one with a gusset like WD Pto mentioned.

@WD Pro, can you please post that pic of how you strengthened yours, so the OP will have a good visual of it?

OP
OP

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
I’ve seen the occasional picture of a h pipe failure like that on here before :

Does the roush H have a gusset on the opposite end to the crossover pipe to stiffen it up and take some stress off the welds ?

not sure what a gusset is. I am not the most handy person.

OP
OP

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
I suggest contacting Roush to see if you can send it back in for evaluation and receive a new one with a gusset like WD Pto mentioned.

@WD Pro, can you please post that pic of how you strengthened yours, so the OP will have a good visual of it?
I am undergoing the warrenty right now. Just waiting to see what roush says

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
not sure what a gusset is. I am not the most handy person.
It's just a bar they weld between the pipes at the opposite end of the crossover to give the pipe extra rigidity. What happens, especially if you use an h pipe on stock exhaust, is that the exhaust will actually lever against the crossover as you go over bumps and stuff, and each side of the duals will exert a different force at different times as the pipes move independently. Over time this can cause the welds at the crossover to fail.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda H-pipe has one. (See pic.) Roush ought to with what they charge for it.

Screenshot_20210712-225300_Chrome-02.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to brace mine to stop it cracking, but we wont know for a long time if it worked or not (neither is cracking that common).

Here's what I did :

B392-F833-2-BC1-4-FD7-A319-BCFF8-F7-A1035.jpg

Some more info here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-lime-2020-gt-build-thread.135538/#post-2791386

If you stood the H pipe up like a pair of legs with the crossover being the groin, the flat plate on the Steeda pipe doesn't stop the legs from 'walking' which moves the stress to the crossover joint / welds.

Mine wouldn't sit quite flat when I got it and after straitening it surprisingly easily, that's when I decided to add the extra bracing.

It's very stiff now which I don't see as a bad thing and may even help with long term alignment - just think how stiff the resonator is that it replaces.

Maybe its overkill, but I like pissing around with stuff like that anyway ... lol. I didn't mind the cost aspect either as I bought the pipe on sale when I was on holiday in the states, so even with the mod it was a significant saving over what I should have paid back home (U.K.) :like:

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If I was Roush the first thing I would ask you is did you install it correctly. There is a left and right side, and obviously a front and back. But if you didn't get the left and right sides on the correct side it would put a bind on the pipe and possibly cause it to crack.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did they brace the new one that they sent you, or are you going to handle that yourself before installing it?

OP
OP

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
Did they brace the new one that they sent you, or are you going to handle that yourself before installing it?
Well if I add a gusset and it cracks I will void the warranty. They did say the welds looked thin and I must have gotten an early production model because apparently the later model welds were more sturdy.

I think Im gonna take my chances and hope it doesn't crack.
Sponsored