Sponsored

Roush 727?

torino501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RS3
hey guys,new to the forum. been a long time creeper. have a 2017 RS3 came with the 670. does the phase 2 727 have any type of engine protection? thanks again.
Sponsored

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
hey guys,new to the forum. been a long time creeper. have a 2017 RS3 came with the 670. does the phase 2 727 have any type of engine protection? thanks again.
Warranty? No I don’t believe so. Only the phase 1. No problems so far with my phase two.

OP
OP

torino501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RS3
lol ok l get that. curious of any engine protection. pulls back timing, reduces engine power ect...

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe it has all the same as the phase 1. It’s a conservative tune. Still has the speed limiter, red line I believe is still 6900 even with the bap, and it runs a little rich. My first and second gear are really hard to hold traction, if I hold my foot on the gas even with advanced trac off stuff starts to shut down and loose power.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The Roush Phase 2 has a 3/36 Parts Only Warranty

Sponsored

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
No problems here either, i did do the oil pump, crank gear, tensioners, guides just because i was in there plus the secondary tensioner. Lund tune.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
spogshd do you notice any difference between the Roush Phase 2 tune and the Lund tune?

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I never had the roush tune but i do know they are worlds apart.

JakeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep hearing that there is a huge difference. I had a Lund flex tune before I put the blower on and the drivability difference was huge. A little more power too. I can’t imagine putting a Lund tune on this phase 2! I have a hard time keeping traction as it is! But I will next year after I work on this traction issue this year!:headbang:

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ran the Roush P2 tune for about 6 months. I didn't datalog with it so I don't know specifically what it did as far as pulling/adding timing from knock sensor feedback. It was really ok, I didn't have any issues that others seem to experience. I just knew it was set up for 91 octane, and conservative at that. I also wasn't super happy with the way it shifted.

I refuse to own a FI vehicle I can't datalog and see what's going on... and since I was going down that road anyway, I ended up with a VMP tune and the SCT programmer. I wish I had hard numbers but it "feels" much stronger and shifts are definitely better. I have to say I have never had a FI vehicle with a cleaner looking datalog file. Heard similar comments about Lund.
Sponsored