20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am running with Ford 20" wheels. The stock rotor size looks puny. Not knowing enough about this, I figured someone on this forum will be knowledgeable to give me some help. Is it possible to replace the small rotor with a larger one and keep the caliper etc as is? This is for the rears only.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I am running with Ford 20" wheels. The stock rotor size looks puny. Not knowing enough about this, I figured someone on this forum will be knowledgeable to give me some help. Is it possible to replace the small rotor with a larger one and keep the caliper etc as is? This is for the rears only.
If you get 19 or 18 inch wheels, your brakes won't "appear" as small and you'll improve the driving characteristics of the car. Win win

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Increasing rear brake size for looks is one of the most hard-parker, rice things one can do. Not sorry if this gets anyone's jimmies rustled.
Are we ripping on stance-bro guys again?! I love ripping on stance-bro guys!

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Are we ripping on stance-bro guys again?! I love ripping on stance-bro guys!
I don't think so. I get the appeal of big brakes and why someone would want them, but to change your brake bias and spend hundreds/thousands JUST for looks is really dumb, to me. The stock rear brakes don't even begin to become a performance issue unless you're very fast and tracking the car with very sticky tires.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Increasing rear brake size for looks is one of the most hard-parker, rice things one can do. Not sorry if this gets anyone's jimmies rustled.
I just wish that cast rear caliper wasn't so damned heavy.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yes, and you should know that stance-bro code prevents use of any wheel less than 20 inches. Can't get hella flush with 19's son.
Hey. I resemble that remark. 20" wheels are the biggest hit to my car's performance by far but...they look great. Damn it.
Sponsored