Rolling the dice on Express Lube

wontstop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
f150
I'm sitting at an Express Oil Change type place (like the 5 min old change ones you see one every corner) waiting for my inspection to finish up on my truck when I hear a familiar sound. I look around and sure enough there's a 2016/2017 MY GT350 pulling up. Guy rolls down the window and asks for an oil change.... What do you guys do in this situation???... I didn't say a thing and walked away. Thoughts and prayers for that guy. The oldest person in that place couldn't have been older than 21..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Not your car, not your problem

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I would never. That's not to say it's the wrong choice, but for me just no.

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
No body touches my car except me unless its a BIG dollar warranty item. Then I triple check every bolt they touch. I've had to much terrible stuff happen to my cars from so called mechanics.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm sitting at an Express Oil Change type place (like the 5 min old change ones you see one every corner) waiting for my inspection to finish up on my truck when I hear a familiar sound. I look around and sure enough there's a 2016/2017 MY GT350 pull up. Guy rolls down the window and asks for an oil change.... What do you guys do in this situation???... I didn't say a thing and walked away. Thoughts and prayers for that guy. The oldest person in that place couldn't have been older than 21..
I think you made the right decision. Anything you said relative to his choice of where to get his oil changed, would most likely have generated a defensive response or at least made the guy feel like he wasn't a responsible owner. Sometimes keeping ones mouth shut is the best alternative.

OP
OP

wontstop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
f150
Next time I may say something. Even if it's just to understand his thought process.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Results aren’t going to be any worse than going to a dealer. Experience could only be better.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I actually use a Jiffy Lube that is local to me. I like going here for a few reasons:

1) vehicle is never out of my sight

2) I usually stand right with them when they do the oil change

3) I bring my own Motorcraft filter

4) I am 100% sure they use the right oil because I either bring it myself or see what gun they use. I prefer 5w/30 full synthetic in my 07 and 5w50 in 2020 with Roush.

5) car never goes up in the air..they have a pit below

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Results aren’t going to be any worse than going to a dealer. Experience could only be better.
Sorry to hear your dealer didn't take care of you. I just had an oil change done at my dealer. It seems to pay to talk to the service manager. When I first started doing this, they changed my service advisor and tech. Glad it was done before any service.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've learned that not everyone has the same passion about cars and other things. I'm sure that person knows the many other options and that's what he chose, so wouldn't be my place to tell him his decision was bad....... Especially if I'm sitting in the same place getting my oil changed... It doesn't matter what vehicle OP is getting his oil changed, the fact is he is using the same place.
Sponsored