Sponsored

Ring Terminal Install ?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ok, going to install ring terminals for my battery tender. Expected to find an easy stud or bolt to slide them over on each terminal. I did so on the negative but didn’t find one on the positive side. Where are y’all installing the ring terminal on the + side so you can permanently install a battery tender lead?

2951DDD6-0C6A-4F6F-AB2A-13C5AA8ADE0F.jpeg
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Easier to access at the fuse block terminal just forward of the battery. Use the large terminal that the battery connects to and the connection is much cleaner than trying to adapt to those battery terminals.

OP
OP
Prodigal

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Easier to access at the fuse block terminal just forward of the battery. Use the large terminal that the battery connects to and the connection is much cleaner than trying to adapt to those battery terminals.
Negative on the battery itself and positive in the fuse block for the charger leads?

I assume you’re suggesting the 3 large posts in this pic on the inner side of the fuse block closest to the motor? Which of the 3 should I attach the positive ring lead to?

49B7F9CB-059D-4B70-AEEE-77F2B08C367D.jpeg

Last edited:

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Negative can go anywhere convenient but in order to not confuse the onboard battery minder thingy you should go somewhere that isn't directly to the battery. The little ring around the wire measures charge in and out and keeps the battery minder up to date on the charge. Not the most useful of devices but why not keep it intact if it only takes a small design change.

As to what terminal to use at the distribution block, I can't remember which one goes right to the battery. They should bus together and likely it would be the largest one but you may want to disconnect and trace back to the battery just to make sure.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Negative can go anywhere convenient but in order to not confuse the onboard battery minder thingy you should go somewhere that isn't directly to the battery. The little ring around the wire measures charge in and out and keeps the battery minder up to date on the charge. Not the most useful of devices but why not keep it intact if it only takes a small design change.

As to what terminal to use at the distribution block, I can't remember which one goes right to the battery. They should bus together and likely it would be the largest one but you may want to disconnect and trace back to the battery just to make sure.
Yep, What He said. Use the Grounding point on the Strut Base

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The terminal closest to the battery is the correct one, (top one in your picture) but any of them can be used. Ground to the ground bolt on the strut tower.

OP
OP
Prodigal

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Got it gentlemen. Thank you. She’s plugged in and taking juice. Kinda surprised it says 2 hours till fully charged. I last drove the car about 3 weeks ago. Does the battery drain down that quickly?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Got it gentlemen. Thank you. She’s plugged in and taking juice. Kinda surprised it says 2 hours till fully charged. I last drove the car about 3 weeks ago. Does the battery drain down that quickly?
That's not necessarily an indication of discharge, the charger slows the charge as a battery approaches the charged state and it's method of measuring charge becomes less accurate as it approaches charged as well. If you were to go out and fire it up, a reasonably healthy battery would have no problems in that time frame.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Negative on the battery itself and positive in the fuse block for the charger leads?

I assume you’re suggesting the 3 large posts in this pic on the inner side of the fuse block closest to the motor? Which of the 3 should I attach the positive ring lead to?

49B7F9CB-059D-4B70-AEEE-77F2B08C367D.jpeg
Any of these should work: the rearward one is directly to the battery; the middle one is to the alternator (through a fuse); the forward one is to the steering (also through a fuse).
Sponsored