truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Hello everyone,

I’m looking to get a set of rims to put winter tires on my 2021 GT Premium with Performance Pack. The price range and selection is daunting to search through. I know wider tires aren’t good for snow and after an online chat with a rep from American Muscle he said I could get away with 8.5” wide rims all the way around and obviously they’d have to be 19” diameter wheels. Wheels aren’t simple obviously because there’s lug patterns, offsets, etc.

So I’m basically looking for a set of rims that don’t look horrible, don’t cost a fortune as they’re gonna see winter abuse (road salt) and will fit properly, especially up front with the Brembo brake calipers.

Thanks
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You could look for some used OEM 19x8.5 wheels. There are a few different styles, including the black accent package wheels. People often let them go at pretty low prices when getting aftermarket wheels. My understanding is they clear the Brembos. The 18x8 base wheels do not.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Wheels aren’t simple obviously because there’s lug patterns, offsets, etc.
They are pretty simple when you shop specifically for the car. American Muscle or LMR have replica wheels specifically made to fit this car and can be had for pretty cheap.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I plan on using the 19x8.5 rims from my black accent package (as others have suggested) for my winter setup.

Sponsored

Andy D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Hi Mark,

I have 4 original 19" x 9.5" PP1 wheels with Ford TPM's for sale. 3 of the wheels are perfect and one has a scar from hitting a curb and needs to be touched up. I had planned to offer them at a Mustang meet coming up in a few weeks, but you're on the forum so maybe these might be of interest. A pair of 5mm spacers will be included since you will need these to run the 9.5's on the front. $350 plus shipping charges seems like a fair price, or I can meet you halfway from my home in Connecticut and skip the shipping charges.

My extra set of wheels are being stored at my son's home. Although the ideal seems to be having both winter and summer wheels and tires for my 2018 Mustang GT, storage has become a problem. I now plan to run all season tires when the time comes for new tires.

Let me know if these might be of interest.

OP
OP
truckinguy92

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
FRPP sometimes sells EOL wheels coming into the winter at dirt cheap.
Picked up some Sparkles for like $320 a set, yup..
You don’t happen to have a link do you? Thanks

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
19x9 EB/PP wheels (kinda look like PP2) need a new home.
2021-05-22 16.54.12.jpg

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Even though it's a ways off I'm also starting to think about winter re: wheels and tires. I have to find something that fits a GT350 😑 thinking another set of oem wheel, the challenge will be which winter tire fits.

OP
OP
truckinguy92

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Even though it's a ways off I'm also starting to think about winter re: wheels and tires. I have to find something that fits a GT350 😑 thinking another set of oem wheel, the challenge will be which winter tire fits.
Good luck finding those wheels. I even tried to buy a set of wheels from Ford. They’re out of stock and aren’t even available for order or back order.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Good luck finding those wheels. I even tried to buy a set of wheels from Ford. They’re out of stock and aren’t even available for order or back order.
They're around if you know where to look

jymcat1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimbo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hello everyone,

I’m looking to get a set of rims to put winter tires on my 2021 GT Premium with Performance Pack. The price range and selection is daunting to search through. I know wider tires aren’t good for snow and after an online chat with a rep from American Muscle he said I could get away with 8.5” wide rims all the way around and obviously they’d have to be 19” diameter wheels. Wheels aren’t simple obviously because there’s lug patterns, offsets, etc.

So I’m basically looking for a set of rims that don’t look horrible, don’t cost a fortune as they’re gonna see winter abuse (road salt) and will fit properly, especially up front with the Brembo brake calipers.

Thanks
I just went with PP1 replicas with Hankooks: exact same wheel dimensions/offsets, with the exact same tire sizes... just in snows (255/275). I assumed the PP1 was set up specifically for the tire sizes it came with and didn't want to screw-up the traction control or anything in the snow.

In upstate New York we're basically below 50* for 6 months out of the year, so I needed something that I could use when it is too cold for the Pilot Sport 4s', but wouldn't be total crap performance-wise. So performance in fall/winter -- not just snow. Got mounted/balanced on Tire-Rack, so I didn't even need to bring it to a shop. I don't go out of my way to drive in snow, but I did get stuck in a blizzard coming down from Lake Placid - and the 275/40's worked fine, even on virgin-snow roads.

In general, you want a skinny-tire for best performance in snow: you want to "slice" into the snow, down to the asphalt, so a wide tire is counter-productive in that regard. However, what I really needed was something that would still be decent to drive on for the 6 months I can't have the summer tires on. Yes through snow and slush and salt -- but we're not taking the Mustang out in 12" of snow. I'm happy I stuck with the stock sizes, the car is still fun to great to drive... it's not just hobbling along until summer. They are grippy, and they look great too.

I don't know where you live, but winter these days usually means a couple storms... and then you're just driving on salty roads. I didn't need studded Nokians.

However -- now that I've had the car and done some autocross, I kinda wish I just put snows on the stock tires and went with 10.5/11 inch wheels. But I am glad I didn't go with a different size for the snows.

Hey -- would you be interested in buying some used PP1 replicas with Hankook's all ready to go? Only used 1 season/2500 miles.

OP
OP
truckinguy92

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I just went with PP1 replicas with Hankooks: exact same wheel dimensions/offsets, with the exact same tire sizes... just in snows (255/275). I assumed the PP1 was set up specifically for the tire sizes it came with and didn't want to screw-up the traction control or anything in the snow.

In upstate New York we're basically below 50* for 6 months out of the year, so I needed something that I could use when it is too cold for the Pilot Sport 4s', but wouldn't be total crap performance-wise. So performance in fall/winter -- not just snow. Got mounted/balanced on Tire-Rack, so I didn't even need to bring it to a shop. I don't go out of my way to drive in snow, but I did get stuck in a blizzard coming down from Lake Placid - and the 275/40's worked fine, even on virgin-snow roads.

In general, you want a skinny-tire for best performance in snow: you want to "slice" into the snow, down to the asphalt, so a wide tire is counter-productive in that regard. However, what I really needed was something that would still be decent to drive on for the 6 months I can't have the summer tires on. Yes through snow and slush and salt -- but we're not taking the Mustang out in 12" of snow. I'm happy I stuck with the stock sizes, the car is still fun to great to drive... it's not just hobbling along until summer. They are grippy, and they look great too.

I don't know where you live, but winter these days usually means a couple storms... and then you're just driving on salty roads. I didn't need studded Nokians.

However -- now that I've had the car and done some autocross, I kinda wish I just put snows on the stock tires and went with 10.5/11 inch wheels. But I am glad I didn't go with a different size for the snows.

Hey -- would you be interested in buying some used PP1 replicas with Hankook's all ready to go? Only used 1 season/2500 miles.
Yeah actually I picked up a set of PP wheels that are the same as mine with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3’s on them. Thanks though
392DC22B-9396-49B6-96BD-B6A381A77E5F.jpeg
Sponsored