Winter Tires and Rims

Toolman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with Performance Package
Hi Everyone, I have 2015 GT Premium with PP and would like to get a full set of winter tires including rims. I think Blizzaks may be the way to go, but am not sure about rims. I could mount the Blizzaks on the PP rims and get a new set of rims and tires for the summer, but I was also wondering if anyone had other suggestions. I thought possibly a set of steel rims for the winter, but a quick google turned up nothing. Any suggestions? Or does anyone know of a source for steelies that would fit a PP car? Thanks!
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Steelies seem unlikely for you. You'll need 19s to clear the PP rotors. Depends on what you want to do, whether you want the PP rims for summer tires or not. A cheap set of American Muscle alloys (saw some today for $127 each) might be a good way to go if they are your winter wheels. If you want fancy summer wheels, your options are endless and you can find winter tires for the PP rims.

thegovernor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Orange
I'm looking for something similar. I'm curious about keeping the same width or if narrower wheels can be used. On tire rack there are fairly limited options for winter tires.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
You can desire a narrow or wider setup, normally for winter you want about the same so that the car rides the same. If you wanna keep 19s there are good affordable options that you can pair with winter tires. I personally love the blizzak lm 32 tires their amazing.

Keep in mind for the gt pp you are limited in 19" options that work and clear the larger 6pots but there are some affordable options.

I have also started our winter wheel and tire specials fornour members in the snow states, if anyone is interested.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I'm looking for something similar. I'm curious about keeping the same width or if narrower wheels can be used. On tire rack there are fairly limited options for winter tires.
Nothing keeping you from 8" rims if you choose your tires and wheel offsets carefully. I'd work to keep the front face of the rim in the same place, and try to stay at about a 27.5" tire diameter. Do those two things, and you can use something a little skinnier without it looking bad or rubbing on stuff.

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Im on the same boat. Thinking I'll get Blizzaks for PP wheels, and then take my time and find a nice/lighter wheel that I like and decide between 19 and 20. I'll have nothing better to do this winter...
Sponsored