Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I used this configuration:

Untitled.jpg

By default it was set to 4. I set it to 0.
I wonder what 6 does. Will it stop the sensors from beeping at all, leaving just the visual indicator on the Sync display?
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wonder what 6 does. Will it stop the sensors from beeping at all, leaving just the visual indicator on the Sync display?
I've found out what it does. Nothing. It's the same as 0, i.e. it sounds loud and harsh through the IPC.
So I gave up. I changed it back to 4.

I wish I knew how to get that quiet and mellow sound that we sometimes hear when it can't communicate with the audio system. This code doesn't appear to be the answer.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
This winter when I install a micro single pole switch to be able to turn off interior lights when doors are open, I will also connect one in the rear speaker beep signal wire so when ever I want to just turn the Beeping off by itself I can. Good luck

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
This winter when I install a micro single pole switch to be able to turn off interior lights when doors are open, I will also connect one in the rear speaker beep signal wire so when ever I want to just turn the Beeping off by itself I can. Good luck
I very much doubt you'll be able to find a "rear speaker beep signal wire" and would expect that gets communicated over the canbus network.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Indeed, there's no direct wire to the speakers specifically for the beeps. The parking sensors talk to the IPC (I'm not sure whether directly, or via the BCM). The IPC then talks to the audio system. Then the audio system takes it from there. And all of this talking happens via the CAN bus, that's for sure.

I guess you could direct the beeps through the IPC using the code mentioned above, then remove the IPC, open it up, and see if you can tap into the connection to its internal speaker.

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I very much doubt you'll be able to find a "rear speaker beep signal wire" and would expect that gets communicated over the canbus network.
Ive been working integrate electronics for 40 years, if a speaker makes a noise, and recieves it's signals from a wire, absolutely, easy peasy

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ive been working integrate electronics for 40 years, if a speaker makes a noise, and recieves it's signals from a wire, absolutely, easy peasy
Only if you want to cut off the music as well.
There's a wire between the APIM and the speaker. The APIM decides what goes through that wire, whether it's music, or navigation instructions, or beeps. So, tapping into that wire doesn't really help, unless you want to cut off the audio entirely.

Last edited:

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I surprised nobody has mentioned this. When I put my car in reverse I get this message on the dash. Turning the beep off is that easy, just hit the down arrow on the right side of the steering wheel and press ok. It'll stay off until you shut the car off and restart. This car has a digital dash, my Edge does not and I get a similar message on that vehicle as well. I'd prefer it stayed off permanently but it not a big deal to turn it off.

Beep.jpg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's also an option to turn the reverse sensors off in the settings menu. But I'm not sure if it's persistent or it resets itself upon the next engine start. I haven't tried it.
I don't want to disable the sensors. I'd just like them to sound a bit softer and, better still, not to mute the music while they're beeping.
Sponsored