Sponsored

Rev Hang After Hard Pull - '19 GT

Greystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Been dealing with this problem ever since getting the car two years ago. I've noticed I'll have super bad rev hang after launching the car for example. Always seems to happen from 3rd to 4th, even with the clutch pressed all the way in. The revs don't stay stuck per se but they drop very slowly for about 3-4 seconds after which they drop at a normal rate. My powertrain warranty is up in August, just trying to figure out if this is normal or if I should get it looked at since it is still under warranty. The car is completely stock.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
It’s normal. It’s for emissions reasons. You can have it tuned out with a aftermarket or ford tune kit.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Normal; I look at it as being ready for the next higher gear :)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yup, it's pretty normal. You can learn to drive around it a little bit. One thing that usually guarantees it is if you shift to third, floor it for a little bit, then try to let off and shift to 4th. All that unburned fuel means rev hang city. So you can either stay in third for longer. Or gradually release the go pedal instead of full release.

Sponsored

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Think of it as encouragement to perform no-lift shifts. 😜

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
It's a built-in logic in the tune literally called "rev hang". It's as simple as enabling or disabling it. I'm more old school so I don't like or care for any of the electronic "helpers" so everything I could disable, I did.
Sponsored