Returnless Fuel KPM 1500hp/PWM Install

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I just finished my KPM and PWM kit install today and made three Tunning runs for Wengerd, so I figured I would post my Job on a New post since this is the first (as far as I know) post for this system install.
- I have made 3 tunning runs for Wengerd and the car moves on.
- The Toyo R888R 325/30/19 tires hooked absolutely great!!
The wiring wasn't easy but was straight forward as long as you follow the directs.
NOTES:
- My 2019 Mustang GT PP1 has approximately one second of Fuel pump prime signal from the FSCM (Yel/GR) wire to the KPM PWM DTM signal wire when accessory power is turned on (NO ENGINE START)
- To Prime and run the pumps for longer time frame for the leak checks, you disconnect the DTM (RED) wire connector and jumper 12vdc to the male DTM connector going to the PWM. Do not jumper power on the DTM wire without the connector disconnected and only given to the PWM.
- I Installed a Griptec 3.50" Whipple Blower Pulley for around 14ish lbs boost.
- The belt which came with my whipple stage 2 kit for the 3.85" pulley worked perfect for the 3.5". Just loosen and adjust the idler pulley so the Tensioner is set to around 80-85% tension.
- I would suggest using M6x1.0 Rivet Nuts for the PWM mounting. Worked great.
- KPM gives you a new EFI quick connect fitting you will have to replace the OEM one for their Hat assembly bottom cr9oss feed line.
- During my Jumpering the DTM wire to run the dual Bosch 854 pumps man you can hear the jets filling up the bucket continuously keeping the fuel circulated and cool.
- I used Radium high flow, 6 micron fuel filter
- I installed Innovate Ethanol Content analyzer with Content percentage and fuel Temp gauge.
- I installed Radium Split Fuel Flow Adapter for the Innovate analyzer so their is no fuel flow
3 Fuel System 24.jpg
Fuel System 16.jpg
New 3 KPM 1500 PWM.jpg
4 Fuel System 12.jpg
1 KPM with PWM kit.jpg
2 Battery Strap Lift.jpg
5 Fuel System 13.jpg
7 Fuel System 23.jpg
20240522_175220.jpg
20240514_182439.jpg
Fuel System 11.jpg
20240514_211318 (1).jpg
Fuel System 19.jpg
6 Fuel System 14.jpg
Fuel System 30.jpg
8 Fuel System 15.jpg
New 4 KPM 1500 PWM.jpg
20240514_211326 (1).jpg
New KPM 1500 1.jpg
Fuel System 18.jpg
Fuel System 8.jpg
Fuel System 29.jpg
New KPM 1500 PWM 5.jpg
Fuel System 17.jpg
restriction from then analyzer.
- You will have to cut a small piece of the rear right hand side panel foam so the panel will go back on with room for the PWM
- NOTE: With the Fuel Hat supply tube facing to the rear, the 150 degree -8an fitting sits a little higher than the rear metal edge of the fuel hat access hole. So I put a small piece of rubber Flex taped on rear part of the Hat rubber cover.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hadn't even considered the rivet nuts and they are typically my go to. Good tip on the prime as well. I am actually waiting for my battery to charge to finish priming the system as I type this. I may add some pics of my install to your post, rather than starting a new one so we can try to keep most of the KPM content in one place.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Hadn't even considered the rivet nuts and they are typically my go to. Good tip on the prime as well. I am actually waiting for my battery to charge to finish priming the system as I type this. I may add some pics of my install to your post, rather than starting a new one so we can try to keep most of the KPM content in one place.
Adding your install to my post I think would help others out in going to one post for this system. Did you go with the 1500hp PWM kit? what other associated stuff did you add for this install?
Can Wait to hear.
I am waiting for the weather to do the 7500WOT Data Log for Wengerd. The only issue I have so far is it stalled one time after it sat for 10 minutes, but then started up and idled normally. and the idles fluctuates between 750-800rpm. Still Smooth. Wengerd said we can address that once my E85 tune with this KPM system are completed.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adding your install to my post I think would help others out in going to one post for this system. Did you go with the 1500hp PWM kit? what other associated stuff did you add for this install?
Can Wait to hear.
I am waiting for the weather to do the 7500WOT Data Log for Wengerd. The only issue I have so far is it stalled one time after it sat for 10 minutes, but then started up and idled normally. and the idles fluctuates between 750-800rpm. Still Smooth. Wengerd said we can address that once my E85 tune with this KPM system are completed.
I went with the full 2700hp system. The difference will be the second hat and associated plumbing along with the stainless 1/2" fuel line. Did you add a fuel pressure gauge anywhere? Curious how well I should expect it to hold pressure. Was Wengerd receptive to the KPM system? I suspect many of the mainstream tuners will not be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I went with the full 2700hp system. The difference will be the second hat and associated plumbing along with the stainless 1/2" fuel line. Did you add a fuel pressure gauge anywhere? Curious how well I should expect it to hold pressure. Was Wengerd receptive to the KPM system? I suspect many of the mainstream tuners will not be.
Wengerd had no issue tuning due to it being a dual pump setup.
I put a fuel pressure gauge on the front port driver side of whipple rail.
Did you have to lower your tank for the Top crossover feed line tube?
**What boost are you looking to run?

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wengerd had no issue tuning due to it being a dual pump setup.
I put a fuel pressure gauge on the front port driver side of whipple rail.
Did you have to lower your tank for the Top crossover feed line tube?
**What boost are you looking to run?
The tank will need to be completely removed for the crossover tube/dual setup. I don't see any other way. Ultimately I am shooting for the 1100-1200hp range with a Hellion sleeper kit, so I'm guessing that will be around 18 psi or so. Just had it running on a startup tune I threw together. I've noticed that the fuel pressure is running 5-10psi higher than commanded. Im assuming that's because the minimum duty cycle on the dual pumps is still a little more fuel than the engine needs.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
@DougS550 , Just curious, but isn't the entire point of this system to use it without having to run new fuel lines? Why the -8?

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
@DougS550 , Just curious, but isn't the entire point of this system to use it without having to run new fuel lines? Why the -8?
Yes, but I wanted to install a radium fuel filter and E85 content analyzer. So I went and made my own lines locating them exactly where I wanted to put them.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
The tank will need to be completely removed for the crossover tube/dual setup. I don't see any other way. Ultimately I am shooting for the 1100-1200hp range with a Hellion sleeper kit, so I'm guessing that will be around 18 psi or so. Just had it running on a startup tune I threw together. I've noticed that the fuel pressure is running 5-10psi higher than commanded. Im assuming that's because the minimum duty cycle on the dual pumps is still a little more fuel than the engine needs.
You can email ask Dave, he always responds about 8-9pm EST due to the time zone difference.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice @DougS550 , Mine is currently getting put back together, and I will likely be using wengred as well. Please keep posting. I'll post my results up once we get the car completed1

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Nice @DougS550 , Mine is currently getting put back together, and I will likely be using wengred as well. Please keep posting. I'll post my results up once we get the car completed1
If tomorrow is nice I will male my 7500 WOT Data Log. Good luck.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nice job sir! With a fuel system setup to handle 2700 hp, all you need to do is turn up the wick as far as you can while still maintaining a margin of safety.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
This thread came right on time 🙏 Looking forward to the updates/results.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This thread came right on time 🙏 Looking forward to the updates/results.
Just wondering, Are you already running a Fore Fuel Return system?
Sponsored