Resonator or muffler delete

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I have a 2016 gt and can't make up my mind on resonator delete or muffler delete. Can someone give me some insight please. Just looking to get it louder that's all. I did watch some videos on both but hearing it in person vs a video is way different I'm sure. I don't really know anyone around here with them removed for me to hear the difference. Any cons on either ?
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Thanks. I'm actually thinking about doing it tomorrow. I've watched every video on here and whatever I could find online. And you're right in person would be much better but I just wanna do it and get it over with ☺ I'm either gonna love it or hate it. Someone told me that resonator causes fuel smell constantly so I dunno how true that is.

OP
OP

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Thank you. Your thread is very helpful too, I'll finish reading it.
If I get it done tomorrow I'll post a video 😁 🤙

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Resonator delete doesnt affect the exhaust smell, cat delete does.

Id probably do muffler delete, I think you would lose more vehicle weight doing that and also I dont like the design of the factory non active mufflers, they seem a bit restrictive. not really a fan of their sound without a resonator too. Electric cutouts are nice but youd be adding weight, but youd have the ability to go into stock muffler mode.

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a Pypes 3 inch muffler delete axle back with 4 inch stainless tips. Stock resonator. I love it. Minimal drone, deep loud sound lol. Exhaust is very subjective though, someone's minor drone may be unbearable for someone else. Expect to have to try a few setups. Open single chamber mufflers like the Roush are also loud, no drone but can be raspy in higher RPM. Here's a sample idle/mild rev of my car. Turn up the volume lol. Cold starts are monstrous, and so is WOT, but regular driving is the perfect amount of loud.

Also if I remember correctly from your video of the underside of your car, you already have a resonator delete. H pipe and X pipe is a resonator delete. So that just leaves mufflers :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
@Andy13186 ,

thanks, I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. I'm pretty sure that I will like it a lot.

@ice445

I do like the sound of that a lot but I want it louder. It won't bother me when I'm driving, even long distance. I know some people don't like it, to each their own. Muffler delete it is. I couldn't sleep thinking about it 😂

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
@Andy13186 ,

thanks, I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. I'm pretty sure that I will like it a lot.

@ice445

I do like the sound of that a lot but I want it louder. It won't bother me when I'm driving, even long distance. I know some people don't like it, to each their own. Muffler delete it is. I couldn't sleep thinking about it 😂
Video never does stuff justice, it's way louder in person lol

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
@Andy13186 ,

@ice445

I just did the resonator delete/H pipe install and like it. Video clips don’t do any exhaust sounds justice. I did a muffler delete on a 3L in-line 6 BMW and it sounded good, but I imagine on a 5.0 V8 it would be waaay to loud IMO.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Muffler delete is stupid loud. Maybe for a track car, but for any street driving forget it. It may sound cool, but it will get old after a short while. Neighbors will complain if you have any. Out in public startups will cause little old ladies to fall down.

Try it, just don't get rid of your mufflers.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'm actually thinking about doing it tomorrow. I've watched every video on here and whatever I could find online. And you're right in person would be much better but I just wanna do it and get it over with ☺ I'm either gonna love it or hate it. Someone told me that resonator causes fuel smell constantly so I dunno how true that is.

No fuel smell removing resonator, AKA suitcase. If you like the exotic sound of a high revering engine, X pipe it the deal. H pipe is boring, imo does not represent the over head cam motor up front .

The word old school is mixed in with the word H pipe.

This is old school and no H pipe will produce the sound.

DSC_0007.JPG

But removing the suitcase will improve the tone, and DB.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Alright y'all thanks... I'll be back on this thread if I remove them. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'd never recommend the muffler delete. Introduces drone and the tone itself is not pleasant.