To Muffler Delete or Xpipe?

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
I've been looking into increasing the sound of my 2019 GT. Stock exhaust (non active) sounds good on cold starts but after warmed up its kinda quiet unless in S Mode when driving.
Im looking to increase the SPL of the exhaust to around 30-40% extra with a Budget around 500$.. Wanting to do it myself and use stainless steel only.

I've narrowed it down to a couple choices..But open to recommendations just state why but keep in mind my budget.

As far as x pipes : Borla Switchfire X Pipe with stock axle back. 455$

Muffler delete :

SR Performance Axle-back Exhaust with stock resonator. 250$

MBRP Pro-Series Axle-back Exhaust with stock resonator. 400$
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
When you say this:

Are you getting a notable sound difference on a non-Active system? I'm assuming the latter since you mentioned an axle back (and I doubt you'd chop off an AE :) )
When driving in S mode the engine stays in a higher rev range (driving) and makes the stock exhaust sound better. At Least to me lol. It is non active I've updated the post to state that my bad!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Avoid muffler delete. Can drone and the tone is not good. A simple x or H pipe made of 304 will increase the volume some. But in some cases with the stock mufflers can sound a bit tinny.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
When driving in S mode the engine stays in a higher rev range (driving) and makes the stock exhaust sound better. At Least to me lol. It is non active I've updated the post to state that my bad!
Ahh, gotcha. For a moment I thought you might have the AE (since S+ does open it up more).

I see someone else already posted, don't delete the mufflers, it's just noisy, you want _tuned_ sounding, even if it's louder.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would go with a resonator delete and leave the mufflers alone personally. Anytime I hear a muffler delete, they 9/10 sound terrible. There are several resonator delete options out there however that I can help you out with and beat those prices you have listed. Let me know if you are interested. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored