Resonator Delete

Morphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT350, SHO, Lightning. Pantera, 68 CJ Mustang
Has anyone had any issues when they conducted a resonator delete on their GT350? I called Ford Performance to find out if my deleting the resonators would cause any problems with the car. They could not give me any definite answers. One guy said it might affect the computer's harmonic tune process, but he wasn't sure. Another guy said if I am not changing anything forward of the resonators, such as the Cats or O2 sensors, that there should not be any issues. I assumed that removing the resonators would increase the volume and the exhaust flow like on the "R" models. But now Ford Performance has got me wondering. Don't want to self cause issues down the road. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Morphy.
Sponsored

J. Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / Track Pack
Resonator delete should not cause any issues at all. That's how the "R" models come. The change isn't that dramatic that the computer's harmonic tune process (whatever THAT is) would be affected. Resonator deletes are on my short list of things to do next. I say go for it!

OP
OP

Morphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Resonator delete should not cause any issues at all. That's how the "R" models come. The change isn't that dramatic that the computer's harmonic tune process (whatever THAT is) would be affected. Resonator deletes are on my short list of things to do next. I say go for it!
Thanks, J.Kidd for your quick response. I really want to go forward with this Mod, but Ford Performance's noncommittal responses have me questioning my next move. That is why I'm trying to find out from guys who have already conducted this Mod if they have experienced any issues. Thanks again for your support.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Has anyone had any issues when they conducted a resonator delete on their GT350? I called Ford Performance to find out if my deleting the resonators would cause any problems with the car. They could not give me any definite answers. One guy said it might affect the computer's harmonic tune process, but he wasn't sure. Another guy said if I am not changing anything forward of the resonators, such as the Cats or O2 sensors, that there should not be any issues. I assumed that removing the resonators would increase the volume and the exhaust flow like on the "R" models. But now Ford Performance has got me wondering. Don't want to self cause issues down the road. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Morphy.
Only issue I had was that when it was done the guy forgot to remove the heat shields. You are essentially just cutting off a section of the exhaust pipe and replacing it. Obviously if its not done right it can cause issues (like cutting way more than needed or cutting the wrong sections), but the chances of that happening are low since replacing the resonators is not complex.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
One guy said it might affect the computer's harmonic tune process
Stay far away from this guy. Very far.

If you go on FR's online catalog you will see an endless list of exhaust componentry. A large number of systems that FR sells involves elimination of any type of resonator. Guess what? No issues. That said, your comment about the information relayed to you from FR is sadder than sad. Eliminating the resonators on a GT350 leaves you with, in essence, the same system you'd see on an R model. That's it, there is no deeper understanding here.

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
I'm sorry if I sound ignorant but what is FR?

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Has anybody done a before and after dyno run/ fuel economy comparison?

Sponsored

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Mmm wonder why the decrease?

Extra noise inducines heavy foot pressure?

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
Oh ok....thank you

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Do it.....sound is awesome!!!

OP
OP

Morphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all the members for your feedback. I definitely plan on completing the resonator delete mod. I have already purchased the 3 in. replacement X pipe. But I agree that Ford Performance has left me with a less than confident feeling in their ability to give valid advice when called on to do so. Directing me to search in different Mustang forums for answers to questions they were established to answer, (ie; Tech Help Line) is not the way to build trust in their competence. It is a good feeling to have other GT350 owners supporting each other. Thanks again, Morphy.
Sponsored