Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
@tj@steeda Thanks, I didn't know you guys had a lifetime warranty. I assumed that it was a year so I was SOL. I've emailed customer support, I will let you know if I have any issues.
Please email directly at [email protected] - I want to ensure we receive it & you are taken care of.

TJ
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yeah but there is rust on the upper part of the braces as well, which won't be hit by flying debris. If you look at the close ups, you'll see that the rust is forming underneath the paint/powder coat, which leads me to believe that the surface wasn't prepped properly, or that the coating is permeable somehow.
Don't drive in the winter. Road salt will do that.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yeah but there is rust on the upper part of the braces as well, which won't be hit by flying debris. If you look at the close ups, you'll see that the rust is forming underneath the paint/powder coat, which leads me to believe that the surface wasn't prepped properly, or that the coating is permeable somehow.
Good point, didnā€™t realize that. Hopefully Steeda will support their stuff and get you dialed in, theyā€™re usually really good at customer service.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wonder if the OP emailed Tim?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
He did - awaiting further feedback and details.

TJ

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Glad it's resolved.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
if you thought yours were bad, take a look at mine.
tj, can you hook me up here?

steeda1.jpg

steeda2.jpg
Aside from the corrosion, it appears there have been a few important changes since that design (to the mounting brackets) - I am sure they will send you a new set.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have mixed feelings and thoughts about this ā€¦ lol

Is (was ?) Steedaā€™s coating a bit poor ? Yes - but if we believe what we are told, good on them for making recent improvements and telling us about them :like:

Has Steeda got you back if you get a problem ? Yes :like:

Now hereā€™s the thing, I wonder what the rest of the undercarriage / suspension components look like on this car ? :

if you thought yours were bad, take a look at mine.
tj, can you hook me up here?

steeda1.jpg

steeda2.jpg
The original ford stuff isnā€™t protected that well with spatter on the fabricated parts some rough (undressed) welds etc, both of which compromise the protection and both of which are also evident on the Steeda stuff being the main areas of corrosion.

What do we do with the OE stuff in a harsh environment ? Cover it in wax or underseal type substances. If done from new, that protects the OE stuff and would also protect the Steeda stuff.

Coatings can be made to look pretty and be robust, but it costs in time and prep work and if we are honest about it, the Steeda stuff is well priced for what you get. IMHO, the coating is a bit of a compromise in that balance and itā€™s probably suitable for ā€˜mostā€™ people and ā€˜mostā€™ applications.

The braces are made from reasonably thick gauge metal and even the ones in those pictures arenā€™t trashed, a blast and quality powder coat job would have them looking better than new / as supplied.

Aside from the corrosion, it appears there have been a few important changes since that design (to the mounting brackets) - I am sure they will send you a new set.
I think the changes in design arenā€™t for performance benefits, they are to ease fitment, especially in cars where the subframe isnā€™t exactly where itā€™s supposed to be :like:

WD :like:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Good job STEEDA!!! šŸ‘šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø Taking care of us after a purchase. Seeing that gives me more confidence in making purchases. Just bought some delrin vertical arms last week and installed them. šŸ‘
Thanks, Anthony

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Funny, the OP was quick to bash Steeda, took some arm twisting to get him to call and except for editing the title has dissapeared since things got resolved....

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It wouldnā€™t add much to the total cost but Electroless Nickel protective coating would work great. Skip Powder coating all together.
Sponsored