Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Update to the situation of the car:

On Wednesday, I called another dealer (Walnut Creek) and I made an appointment for next week to take the car there. They told me that they would be able to tell me what is going on with the car in at most 1 day or 2, and that after that they would be able to start with the repairs

At the same time, I called my dealer (Serramonte Ford) saying that the lack of communication and of a rental car was unacceptable, and that I was going to pick up the car on Friday: the car has been there for more than 2 weeks, with no updates on what is going on with the car or what is going to happen next. I shared my intention of taking it to another dealer, and asked them that, if the car was "undrivable", I wanted to have it on writing to avoid liability issues for the warranty

Today Serramonte called me and told me not to go tomorrow and pick up the car, because it can't be driven. I said that I had given them 2 days to have it ready to be driven (not fixed), and they told me that unfortunately they can't let me pick it up. At least they mentioned that it is a timing related issue, but that was pretty much it

Situation is becoming really frustrating. At least now I have a rental, but not knowing what is going on is driving me nuts. I know that the warranty will cover, but lack of transparency and respect is so frustrating

BTW, I found a YouTube video of the grinding noise that the car has:

Flatbed wrecker.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Agreed. Show up unannounced and let them know you are there to claim your property. I realize it could be a tense situation, but enough is enough. You gave them a fair opportunity and it didn't work out. Time to move on.

The whole thing sucks. I feel for you and anyone else in situations like these.

Last edited:

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
This is infuriating. sorry you're going through this. Ford will never approve a new engine for a tick. NEVER. in the older 2017-2018 days yes because it was just starting to come out, but now with the TSB all they have to say is that it's normal. they need to give to you in writing of what they found as the issue big enough to warrant a new engine. you also need proof that they submitted their findings to Ford and Ford actually approving the new engine, a shortblock, longblock, parts requested etc... if you don't have any of these things it's all fishy and most likely bs. I say show up as soon as possible, bright and early, start recording your conversation with the advisor on your phone, and ask for all the things I mentioned, and why you haven't been given any documentation of what they are saying, then ask for the keys and if they deny your own car you have it on video and can submit that to Ford.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Wow. Unbelievable. I would have shown up at the open of business unannounced and demanded to see my vehicle.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I feel your pain...

Sponsored

OP
OP
illanxr

illanxr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Illan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP 1 Magneride
Update:

Last Friday I called Ford and told them the situation. They told me that it was unacceptable, and asked me to go to the dealer and see the car.

Last Saturday, I showed up at the dealer and asked to see the vehicle, saying that I was going to take it out of there. I made sure that the car was right, but they had taken out the engine cover and the strut tower brace. I checked the dash cam, and saw that they had literally invested 30 min in the vehicle, taking out those parts, and that's it. The car was even in deep sleep mode for now having been moved in more than a week.

I told my service advisor that I was going to call the police for not having the car ready for pickup and for removing parts without my consent. He apologized, said that I was right and that it was unacceptable, and gave me the manager's direct phone number

On Monday, I called the service manager, and he was extremely surprised. He guaranteed me that the car would be ready by Friday, and that he would personally oversee everything

Today I got a call from the service manager. The grinding noise was caused by the VCT valve. The pre-collision assist the are still looking into it (they said that probably it is related to the car being lowered, which sounds weird to me). Hopefully the car will be ready by this Friday, and this nightmare will be over

Thank you all for your support!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
God I bet your service writer hates you.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Update:

Last Friday I called Ford and told them the situation. They told me that it was unacceptable, and asked me to go to the dealer and see the car.

Last Saturday, I showed up at the dealer and asked to see the vehicle, saying that I was going to take it out of there. I made sure that the car was right, but they had taken out the engine cover and the strut tower brace. I checked the dash cam, and saw that they had literally invested 30 min in the vehicle, taking out those parts, and that's it. The car was even in deep sleep mode for now having been moved in more than a week.

I told my service advisor that I was going to call the police for not having the car ready for pickup and for removing parts without my consent. He apologized, said that I was right and that it was unacceptable, and gave me the manager's direct phone number

On Monday, I called the service manager, and he was extremely surprised. He guaranteed me that the car would be ready by Friday, and that he would personally oversee everything

Today I got a call from the service manager. The grinding noise was caused by the VCT valve. The pre-collision assist the are still looking into it (they said that probably it is related to the car being lowered, which sounds weird to me). Hopefully the car will be ready by this Friday, and this nightmare will be over

Thank you all for your support!
i had to same thing... i spoke to GM of dealer and he had car in shop that day. just be nice, as much as we all want to yell and scream it wont help. def get ford corp involved. i ended up getting free oil changes for 3 years from ford corp...

Good luck - it will work out eventually... Well unless they forget to charge the AC.... :p

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
i had to same thing... i spoke to GM of dealer and he had car in shop that day. just be nice, as much as we all want to yell and scream it wont help. def get ford corp involved. i ended up getting free oil changes for 3 years from ford corp...

Good luck - it will work out eventually... Well unless they forget to charge the AC.... :p
Hey Tom,
how's your new engine running so far?

Reactions: Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey Tom,
how's your new engine running so far?
So far so good. Only put a cpl hundred miles so far but no issues. Ive checked oil several times, still in same spot... best part... no rattle... :p thanks for asking

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Thank You for keeping us updated.

"He apologized, said that I was right and that it was unacceptable, and gave me the manager's direct phone number"

IMO, he should have walked with you to the Service Manager, discussed the situation and continued to work the issue with you.

And why would the Service Manager be surprised that any car had been sitting that long and he was not at least somewhat aware? I'd expect any dealer to have some type of status board on all vehicles with long-term problems , but that's me. I wonder how many other vehicles are languishing there...

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You for keeping us updated.

"He apologized, said that I was right and that it was unacceptable, and gave me the manager's direct phone number"

IMO, he should have walked with you to the Service Manager, discussed the situation and continued to work the issue with you.

And why would the Service Manager be surprised that any car had been sitting that long and he was not at least somewhat aware? I'd expect any dealer to have some type of status board on all vehicles with long-term problems , but that's me. I wonder how many other vehicles are languishing there...
Sounds like Kabuki theater to me.

1645068876522.png

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Just being close by, is not a great reason to keep using a dealer you don't trust.

The Bay Area must have more than one Ford dealer?

Move the car IMO.
Walnut Creek Ford and Morgan Hill Ford are regarded as the best in the area

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I would not be so accommodating of that dealership and their antics.

OP
OP
illanxr

illanxr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Illan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP 1 Magneride
Update (with not so good news):

On Thursday, my service advisor called me offering a Ford Bronco as replacement. I told him that I didn't need it for one day (the latest ETA was Friday).

On Friday, I called the service manager, and he told me that unfortunately the car wouldn't be ready. I shared my frustration: I had said no to a decent replacement car the day before, I had plans to drive the Mustang during the weekend with some friends, and he had given me his word that it would be ready. He apologized and said that we can chat next week when the car is ready: it looks like it is a "parts not being available" issue. After that, I elevated the issue with Ford

Extremely frustrating situation. Never bringing the car to this dealer again (even if they offer me free services). I'll make sure to leave them a horrible review and make sure that Ford takes some measures with them
Sponsored