Sponsored

Repairable or replace?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is the fender pushed back due to being impacted? How did that happen, can you post any more info? More info may help others to help you out.

OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Is the fender pushed back due to being impacted? How did that happen, can you post any more info? More info may help others to help you out.
Jackstand slipped in the lift point of the car and pushed up on the rocker molding and fender.

OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This section here is out of shape and pretty much further out. But everything else on the fender is good even the gaps. None of the paint broke.

20210417_082707.jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That damage would be a stretch for a pdr repair. As for a body tech getting that back to original with a blend, thatā€™s a simple repair. Where it gets a little tricky is what the estimate on the repair labor is compared to a panel replacement. I donā€™t see any creasing in your panel other then the inner lip. Replacing the panel would require paint work in to the hood and door. Repairing the lower fender would need a blend just in the lower fender and lower door. Depending on how good your eye is with colors that would be much less noticeable if at all. Depending on the shop you take it to thatā€™s probably in the 6-7hr range for body time plus paint. There will be extra time in paint for de-triming the car properly.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I work with body shops all the time and am always fascinated with what they can do. I know aluminum is a different animal for sure. Iā€™d be interested in how the process varies from sheet metal.
I work with bent wheels regularly. Very different than bent sheet aluminum.
ā€œNone of the paint brokeā€? Looks like it to me.
Some of the larger body shops had to step up and buy special equipment to work on aluminum. Most of the time itā€™s collecting dust. Maybe a Ford dealership that has a body shop would be your best bet because they have been working with aluminum for a bit already.
Interesting so keep us posted please.

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I would say that is likely repairable. The rocker moulding might be smashed too much though. It is too hard to tell in the picture. The fender seems pretty minor even for it being aluminum. The paint split on the fender edge where the crease is. If that is truly the only paint damage and no other dents, you could probably get away with only painting the fender and the rocker moulding. If you live in central Illinois area let me know, I am a tech at a body shop.

OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would say that is likely repairable. The rocker moulding might be smashed too much though. It is too hard to tell in the picture. The fender seems pretty minor even for it being aluminum. The paint split on the fender edge where the crease is. If that is truly the only paint damage and no other dents, you could probably get away with only painting the fender and the rocker moulding. If you live in central Illinois area let me know, I am a tech at a body shop.
Thanks I am in Delaware.. that crease turned into a tear. The fender is kinda bowed outward. The rocker panel seems fine except odk if I clip popped or broken off where u see that gap.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Jackstand slipped in the lift point of the car and pushed up on the rocker molding and fender.
Oh man, that mustā€™ve sounded horrible.

Glad no one was hurt.

Good Luck with the fix- I hope itā€™s repairable at reasonable cost to you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Est is 2400 new fender and rocker panel smh... lo profile jacking rails a must.. this shit happened right after I raised my deductible f me šŸ˜†

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This highlights the reason I opted out of the idea of raising the car from the sides.

Op just a question, this side of the car was in the air ? You were raising the other side?

All it takes is for the wheel of the jack to get stuck.

The jack become stalled, instead of moving under the car as it is raising.

It pushes the car off the jack stand.
Sponsored