FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Pro tunes get much more from the engine as well, those are just simple ots flash with supporting mods

I run ford perf tune which is basically stage 1 but it is great difference from stock tune truly. Worth it. I upgraded intercooler too, without ic you canā€™t make power reliably Itl heat soak and shut down.

The Cobb tunes people have been running for years no issues But the point is, letā€™s look at this graph. Oem blue run is your rental, pink stage 3 is pink. Just a flash and few bolt ons is the only difference. Ignore intake system requirement, all you need is high flow filter. Exhaust and intercooler. Downpipe is only difference from stage 2 to 3. Letā€™s it free up little extra power.

The mods arecake too

we could do all our mods in time it takes gt to change pair of headers lol Atleast I read they are absolute hell. Keep in mind, like ford perf, the COBB ots tunes are over the air, and meant for a broad bit of cars and variation so itā€™s still tuned on safe side. those pro tuners are whole other level for power. But those are custom tunes designed for that car, not every car

Last edited:

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I highly doubt that anyone would make a decision to purchase a high performance car based on the review of a rental car. Unless, of course, maybe.........

IMG_0097.jpg
I had one of these as a rental when I was traveling for business out in L.A. in 2016. It was a fun car to have. Nothing compared to my 350, but it was fun.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had one of these as a rental when I was traveling for business out in L.A. in 2016. It was a fun car to have. Nothing compared to my 350, but it was fun.
This one was at Hartsfield in Atlanta. Also 2016. Unfortunately I had two business associates with me. One was 6' 4" and the other was claustrophobic in the back seat. Damn!

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

93 and an intercooler would be a nice wake up for this car, especially the HPP, but driving a GT and then an Ecoboost is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I've never driven a 5.0 6th-gen, mainly because I know what would happen, so I'm good. :cool: Good review. I don't think you got the best Ecoboost experience possible because of the gas, but it gave you a general idea.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
93 and an intercooler would be a nice wake up for this car, especially the HPP, but driving a GT and then an Ecoboost is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I've never driven a 5.0 6th-gen, mainly because I know what would happen, so I'm good. :cool: Good review. I don't think you got the best Ecoboost experience possible because of the gas, but it gave you a general idea.
Come on, you should drive one. šŸ˜Š. Seriously, I loved my 15' EB. It was pure stock and a daily driver. It had great off the line grunt with the A6. It handled really well too. No regrets about owning one. I would also have no qualms about recommending one to a friend.

But as a child of the 60's I had to have that one last American V8. And it had to be a Ford. My GT/CS is a dream. More power than I will ever use. But for me it was all about the sound. That's something an EB will never be able to emulate. Just food for thought.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ive never had a V8, I guess thats why I cater towards 4 cylinders, its all ive ever owned. im not one for super loud exhaust, im moar about the basssss and music for me.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I had a rental EB while my GT was having warranty work done. I actually though the power was good, but found the A10 to be a HUGE letdown. Was awkward and clunky as all hell. It didn't have a ton of miles on it so it's not like it had been thoroughly abused yet either.

Pretty weird because it seems like very loves the A10 around here.
I have to agree, it seems the A10 application between the two are different beasts. My car is a M6 so I only experienced the rental V8 and Ecoboost on the A10 but they were very different. The Eco seems like a comfy ride more like some Expedition grocery getter while the Coyote application would downshift at freeway speeds hard enough to make me tinkle myself with joy and fear. I always felt like I could do slightly better than the shifting on the Eco but the Coyote left me understanding why there is no way in hell I could outshift that transmission in a quarter mile.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Just throwing in my 2 cents here....

I currently have a '17 Eco 6 speed....have had it since new for just over 4 years. I've owned an '08 V6 5 speed and now waiting for my '21 GT 6 speed.

The Ecoboost is a fun car to drive; definitely lighter in its nose and quick enough. But as others have mentioned, the Eco vs GT debate is really apples and oranges comparison. Not only are you comparing 150+ hp difference, but Turbo 4 cylinder vs. All motor just provides two completely different driving experiences. I know there's tons of people on here (and other forums) bashing the Eco (and prior to 2015, bashing V6's as not being a real mustang), and about the same amount of people claiming they've gapped GT's in their Eco or V6 - all I can say to that is speed is subjective and if you put in enough coin, anything is possible.

I myself am picking up the GT because I've always enjoyed driving NA cars more than FI, and I scored a great deal at the right time so it makes sense for me. I can guarantee you that after I take possession of my new car, as much as I'll be over the moon with it, I will never bash the Eco because it's a fun car and provides an alternative to those who wants it for whatever reasons they have.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
all I can say to that is speed is subjective and if you put in enough coin, anything is possible.
Over many years of putzing around with cars I can guarantee this much is true. There will always be somebody faster than you and somebody faster than him. Depends on how much you want to spend and how much you're willing to give up. Think your GT is fast? There's a ZR1 that would like to talk to you and so forth.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Over many years of putzing around with cars I can guarantee this much is true. There will always be somebody faster than you and somebody faster than him. Depends on how much you want to spend and how much you're willing to give up. Think your GT is fast? There's a ZR1 that would like to talk to you and so forth.
Exactly! It's like me when I was in my early 20's at the gym and having other gym douchebags wanting to outlift me. My mentality even at that age was, go right ahead, but even if you lift more than me, there's always going to be the next guy who lifts way more than you do.

I dunno man, for me, and a lot of you will think I'm crazy, but my decision to buy the GT has little to do with speed; I love cruising on open roads, with the car purring along which is music to my ears. I do care about it having 460hp at the crank, dont' get me wrong, but my driving style doesn't make use of that power 85% of the time.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
For a lot of people the base non modded eb is about ideal as you can get ina way. Sporty ride. With 30+ mpg. I get 35-37mpg highway but it plummets because I floor it onto the highway and around straight a ways.

But Iā€™m tuned and still get the ridiculous mpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Basically every reviewer who drove them back to back said something to the effect of, "don't make the mistake of driving the GT first".

Stock for stock, it's down about 150HP. That's an entire car's worth of power that your lizard brain is used to having on tap. 300+ horsepower doesn't usually result in a slow car, but you've gotten used to 400+.
"lizard brain..." Reminds me of those memes....
Brain: switch exhaust to Track and rev it a little
Me: why
Brain: you gotta

I guess I have a lizard brain also...

The A10 "learns" based on your driving. Poor thing probably already has a complex from being driven by random people :giggle:
Would be nice if it was fairly simple to reset these logic controllers without climbing under the hood and disconnecting the (-) cable.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Exactly! It's like me when I was in my early 20's at the gym and having other gym douchebags wanting to outlift me. My mentality even at that age was, go right ahead, but even if you lift more than me, there's always going to be the next guy who lifts way more than you do.

I dunno man, for me, and a lot of you will think I'm crazy, but my decision to buy the GT has little to do with speed; I love cruising on open roads, with the car purring along which is music to my ears. I do care about it having 460hp at the crank, dont' get me wrong, but my driving style doesn't make use of that power 85% of the time.
Uh, man, you need to change that profile picture then dontcha....:D

1624300463066.png
Sponsored