Sponsored

Removing Cowl/Wipers For Factory STB Install

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Pretty Much what Bmac said. In my opinion, if your going to install the K brace and the strut bar, the third bracket really completes the package. The metal where the third bracket goes is just really thin sheet metal. That bracket really solidifies the firewall mounting area. If you want to go ahead and install the third bracket, it certainly is not gonna hurt anything. I installed it first, so when you get K brace and strut bar, you will already have the hardest part done.
So the third bracket (cowl extension) is at the bottom, under the k-brace and strut bar, correct? So if I install it first, I don't have to remove it when I install the other two?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So the third bracket (cowl extension) is at the bottom, under the k-brace and strut bar, correct? So if I install it first, I don't have to remove it when I install the other two?
Correct.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next question - if I install the third bracket alone for now (without the k-brace amd strut tower brace), do I still remove the plastic bracket? Do the non-PP cars with 20" wheels that come with the third bracket also have the plastic bracket?

Also, what wiper removal tool have you guys used? Seems like alot of them get crappy reviews. Is there a way to remove the wiper without a tool?

OP
OP
Shawn 94 GT

Shawn 94 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Mustang GT PP1 A10
If you install the third bracket, you can keep the plastic brace if you want. It will not interfere with it.

The non-pp cars that came with the 20" inch wheel option do already have the the third bracket, along with the metal K brace. They do not have the cross bar "strut tower brace" that comes on the performance pack cars.

You can check out my pics of the wiper removal tool I used. it worked fine, and I got it from my local Northern Tool. It was around 13 bucks if I remember correctly. I only removed the passenger side wiper to get the cowl panel up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

robert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread - for anyone needing to remove the wiper arms to remove the cowl, a pair of channel locks with a rag on the bottom jaw to prevent gouging works well.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
A battery terminal puller works well too.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My cowl panel looks to be attached to the bottom of my windscreen too

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I found nothing online so went at it myself. It looks like the cowl is held in with a simple clip mechanism but gets stuck down with all the crap that gets washed off the windscreen. Mine required some gentle persuasion to come free but once cleaned it fitted and removed much easier.

Sorry about the quality, it was recorded on a potato held together with duct tape 😬