Sponsored

Removed the clutch assist spring, unsure if its better.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I really have no issues with the stock clutch feel. My wife drives it too, and I'm not sure she would like a heavier feeling clutch. I had an LS7 clutch in my GTO and she complained a few times how hard it was to push in. I do need to give it a try I guess. I've heard many more positive reviews than negative ones.
It gets rid of that weird bump in the middle of the throw. Makes it much easier to feather the clutch and transition smoothly.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Another fan of the clutch pedal extension and Steeda spring here. It took maybe half an hour of driving to get used to it, and I have no interest in going back to stock.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
steeda clutch spring is awesome. totally a different feel imo.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
stock clutch spring is a thicc boi.

the moment i swapped to the steeda clutch spring my driving experience vastly improved.

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
It's an odd feeling. My clutch normally disengaged with very little push to it, now it feels like it MAYBE moves 1/2-1in before its fully out. I drove around and its just an odd feeling compared to how it was before. It was vague before but now its like a switch. I feel like as soon as I've asserted pressure its time to let off. I'm also not sure how I like that there is a very tiny bit of play at the top now. Makes me wonder if it may end up adding a tiny bit of extra wear. It still doesn't feel like either of my previous manual cars.

How do those of you with the Steeda spring like it? I'm wondering if its a happy middle ground.
I hope you dont drive hard... Cause you're cooking your clutch driving with no spring.

People think the clutch assist spring is just there ro help them, thats its secondary purpose, its primary purpose is to keep the slave cylinder from being sucked towards the disc at high RPMS.

And causing you not to have full pedal travel.

On the S197 the early ones had a recall to swap out the pedal box because the clutch wasnt returning during high RPM shifts.

These cars use a hydraulic throw out bearing. So the spring is what helps it return and resist vacuum forces at higher RPMS

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I hope you dont drive hard... Cause you're cooking your clutch driving with no spring.

People think the clutch assist spring is just there ro help them, thats its secondary purpose, its primary purpose is to keep the slave cylinder from being sucked towards the disc at high RPMS.

On the S197 the early ones had a recall to swap out the pedal box because the clutch wasnt returning during high RPM shifts
2019+ gt350 has no spring.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
But hey your car and your money so have fun man :)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

On the S197 the early ones had a recall to swap out the pedal box because the clutch wasnt returning during high RPM shifts.

These cars use a hydraulic throw out bearing. So the spring is what helps it return and resist vacuum forces at higher RPMS
Do you know if the Steeda spring has enough force to overcome the vacuum force at high RPM?

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Do you know if the Steeda spring has enough force to overcome the vacuum force at high RPM?
Steeda builds race cars and there are more than enough people running them with no issues so the product has been proven safe.

My issue was driving the car without a spring thats just asking for trouble, plus more wear on the hydraulics.

There are no free lunches with these cars

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have 50k+ miles and zero issues with NO SPRING. The spring does not affect clutch wear in the least. At least not on my car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t get smooth shifts from the mustang with stock, just couldn’t feel the initiation.

Steeda was night day difference.

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
I couldn’t get smooth shifts from the mustang with stock, just couldn’t feel the initiation.

Steeda was night day difference.
I just got it and put it in 3 hrs ago, took it for drive. Definitely can feel engagement better, need a little time to get used to it. Will give feedback after some days driving with it.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've know a few people with mixed results overall.
For me, I've driven cable actuated and now in recent years hydro clutches, and I've never had a problem with smooth engagement.
Yes, you don't feel the catch point very well with many hydraulic clutch designs, especially with the OEM dampener systems that many have, but I've always managed to do very well, and have no issues, and the stock pedal and spring is not an issue - both from my previous 17GTPP and now my 19GTPP2.
Not sure if it helps that I've driven stick my whole driving life, and regurlarly rev-match or heel toe.
Sponsored