Sponsored

Removed the clutch assist spring, unsure if its better.

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
I have the Steeda spring installed, and it's been great for over 2 years. The stock feel was mushy, and even though the feel isn't perfect, the Steeda spring makes the pedal feel more linear with engagement at a predictable point. I've also read about not having a spring installed could do damage, but having the Steeda spring installed provides a bit of assurance that what could be possible will not happen. I have no reason to take the Steeda spring out, ever. :sunglasses:
Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Random thought, is the GT350 spring different from the GT spring?

I regularly switch from my 17 gt to the 17 gt350r and would say everything is different. My gt feels broken and unrefined compared to the R.

I wish someone could point me in the direction to achieve the 350 feeling in the plain old GT.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I regularly switch from my 17 gt to the 17 gt350r and would say everything is different. My gt feels broken and unrefined compared to the R.

I wish someone could point me in the direction to achieve the 350 feeling in the plain old GT.
Well the whole clutch itself and I assume pressure plate is different, but the clutch peddle is the same. All that may be different is the spring.

Squrtcap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, GT350
The ‘19 GT350 with no clutch pedal spring, shows that Ford Performance listens.
The heavy assist spring made the pedal soft and mushy like something found in
a Barbie plastic car.
We owe a lot to Steeda for their parts development and support for the Mustang community.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Here's a twist. I've had 3 s197 manual trans cars. I took the spring out of my Roush charged '11 with no issues and dozens of passes at the dragstrip. The Bullitt with a Whipple on it at the dragstrip had an issue on one pass where the pedal wouldn't come off the floor when shifting into either 2nd or 3rd. Did about 8 - 10 passes. It was not nearly the enjoyment of my '11 even though the Bullitt makes more power. That 2-3 shift with 600+ hp is not good. Getting though the traps in 3rd. Ridiculous.

The Steeda spring had nothing to do with it. There's no "sucking". The hydraulic system is sealed. Hydrostatic pressure doesn't change with rpms. Rpms have nothing to do with it. When you depress the clutch pedal, provided you have no air in the system, i.e. the system is properly bled, it's just pure hydro pressure. Period. They same pressure that my tractors use to lift the 3 point or the loader.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I installed the steed clutch spring like a year ago. I really didn't feel much difference than stock but it was like 20 bucks so why not. I can't say anything changed really. No biggie since it wasn't expensive. I can't tell if it's good or not basically.
Sponsored