Recommendations: rotors/brake pads

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
I've used Raybestos products on a lot of different vehicles for over 45 years, and never been disappointed. There are times (availability) that I used something else (like Powerstop) with mixed results.
While mail ordering the pads is no big deal, be careful with rotors. Rotors ordered from a Rockauto can end up costing a ton in shipping charges.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I just got 2 rear GT 13" rotors and a pad kit from Rock Auto that were on wholesale for my 2020 ecoboost for when I install the GT calipers I have and the shipping for the 2 rotors and pad kit was only 13.99 by UPS and took 3 days to arrive so I don't feel that was excessive for shipping those heavy items. The boxes the rotors were in were pretty beat up and worse for wear, but the actual rotors have no damage at all. 24 bucks per rotor and 19 bucks for the pad kit plus 14 shipping, good deal IMO.

Now just need front rotors and pad kit and paint the calipers red to be ready to install.

BD

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Having a bad day? Or just like Criticizing others post?

Nope, just the truth, saying prices are up. Is like looking outside seeing the sunshine & posting that the sun is shining.....

I know the truth hurts and some don't like reading or hearing it.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Looking for recommendations on rotor kit and brake pads for 2015 non pp gt. Daily driving use primarily. OEM parts are on national backorder. Any suggestions are appreciated.
The rotors are in stock at most dealers, not on national back order.

I show 23 front rotors available same/next day locally to me, 12 rear rotors. That's just from one of my warehouses.

OP
OP
Birrdd_

Birrdd_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt
The rotors are in stock at most dealers, not on national back order.

I show 23 front rotors available same/next day locally to me, 12 rear rotors. That's just from one of my warehouses.
Yes I got some bad info from Ford parts rep. As well as a local dealer. I was able to find a set of OEM across town from where I am. Still debating it as I see a set of rotors from steeda for a couple more bucks.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yes I got some bad info from Ford parts rep. As well as a local dealer. I was able to find a set of OEM across town from where I am. Still debating it as I see a set of rotors from steeda for a couple more bucks.
In rotors choice you have to ask yourself what are reasons to buy an expensive rotors compared to a cheap one
Grooves, dimples and holes doesn’t improve braking performance. As a matter of facts holes are an issue for heavy duty/track usage
Cheap rotors are, in my long racing/open track experience, 100% as good than expensive ones
Furthermore, non-track usage is so easy compared to track usage that the price/brand is a non issue
Pads, and the correct pads for the expected in-service temperature, make all the difference in braking performance, not the rotors ( save for 2 pieces rotors due to weight saving)

OP
OP
Birrdd_

Birrdd_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt
In rotors choice you have to ask yourself what are reasons to buy an expensive rotors compared to a cheap one
Grooves, dimples and holes doesn’t improve braking performance. As a matter of facts holes are an issue for heavy duty/track usage
Cheap rotors are, in my long racing/open track experience, 100% as good than expensive ones
Furthermore, non-track usage is so easy compared to track usage that the price/brand is a non issue
Pads, and the correct pads for the expected in-service temperature, make all the difference in braking performance, not the rotors ( save for 2 pieces rotors due to weight saving)
Solid point .it would really be trying out something different but I suppose in the long scheme of things the car is really just set up for daily driving so cheaper options would be the better solution

Sponsored

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I replaced my OEM rotors and pads on my Ecoboost HPP/ handling pack car at 39k with a Dynamic Friction Geospec 5000 kit from Rock Auto. These are ceramic pads, and the rotors are specially painted to resist rusting. The rotors are also ready to bolt on without any cleaning. Not
the cheapest choice but I am quite satisfied after 18k miles.