Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Can anyone in the greater Los Angeles area recommend a dealer who has performed the oil line recall service in a timely and workmanlike manner?
+1. I'm also looking to for a recommended dealer in the socal area please.
Sponsored

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Can anyone in the greater Los Angeles area recommend a dealer who has performed the oil line recall service in a timely and workmanlike manner?
+1. I'm also looking to for a recommended dealer in the socal area please.
Norm Reeves Ford in Cerritos did a great job with my recall.

WingnuT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1985 GT Conv, 1966 Fastback
I just had the recall done on my '16 GT350 at Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA.

My SA Leo and my Technician Rich were extremely accommodating to my request for visibility. I was very concerned that the recall and re-installation of the splitter would have issues, as I had read about here. Leo and Rich allowed me to view my Shelby numerous times during the work to make me feel comfortable that it was being done correctly. My hat is off to the 2 of them for being forthcoming and accommodating with my specialty vehicle. I will definitely go back for future services.

Rich is Ford Performance Trained and Certified. He is also a Mustang owner.

The splitter was reinstalled with all of the screws and locked back into place on the tabs. I was the original installer of the splitter, so I knew what to look for.

Darren

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If only everyone were so lucky Darren. I suspect your due diligence was done in assuring all the pieces of the puzzle came together. Sounds like you found some great guys to service the vehicle in the future too. A huge stress reliever if/when you ever have to rely on them again.

WingnuT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1985 GT Conv, 1966 Fastback
If only everyone were so lucky Darren. I suspect your due diligence was done in assuring all the pieces of the puzzle came together. Sounds like you found some great guys to service the vehicle in the future too. A huge stress reliever if/when you ever have to rely on them again.
Yep Tob, it took me a few months of research and communication, plus an on-site visit to meet the Service Manager and explain my concerns. He relayed my thoughts to the right SA. I took my time and when I felt comfortable, I went ahead with it. Took the day off and hung out while the work was completed.

I was never confrontational, just concerned and expressed that I wanted to be heard as an enthusiast/owner and not a complainer. In the end, we showed mutual respect and I got what I needed out of the encounter.

I just wish there were an Ford Performance Dealer closer to my house. But since I had purchased several Fords from that dealer in the past, it gave me a good starting point.

Darren

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Had the recall warranty work done today. I was nervous for sure like most. But they actually appear to have re-installed the splitter correctly (It wasn't when I bought it). I didn't crawl underneath to verify yet but it looks good. Fingers crossed.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Had my recall done last week at Sunnyvale Ford. Also had them do an oil change at the same time.

They had a specific technician they wanted to do the recall work, who ended up getting trapped on another job the day I brought my car in, so they gave me a loaner vehicle and kept the Mustang over night so he could do the work the next morning. It was finished before lunch, given a very nice wash, and from what I could see, splitter was installed correctly. They had two other GT350's in while mine was there, and they do lots of work for local fleet vehicles (almost always have some cop cars in there), so I feel pretty comfortable about the results.

At least my oil filter hasn't fallen off yet (knock on wood), so hopefully that is a good sign.

Overall they were very friendly and great to deal with.

-T

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Had mine done 500miles ago

Also had motor blow up last week

Apparantly after holding the car for 3days and giving me a repair order billing Ford for the recall procedure it wasn't done.

Bottom line: Hoses blew out! Car has less than 4k miles and needs new motor..

I suggest to all check and make sure you have the updated hose so that Flynn flammer scammer mechanic didn't just bill it out and never did the work.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Had my recall done last week at Sunnyvale Ford. Also had them do an oil change at the same time.

They had a specific technician they wanted to do the recall work, who ended up getting trapped on another job the day I brought my car in, so they gave me a loaner vehicle and kept the Mustang over night so he could do the work the next morning. It was finished before lunch, given a very nice wash, and from what I could see, splitter was installed correctly. They had two other GT350's in while mine was there, and they do lots of work for local fleet vehicles (almost always have some cop cars in there), so I feel pretty comfortable about the results.

At least my oil filter hasn't fallen off yet (knock on wood), so hopefully that is a good sign.

Overall they were very friendly and great to deal with.

-T
That's good to hear, maybe they have changed things over there since I have went, which was a few years ago. I cannot say I had a good experience with our company van or personal sales experience but good to hear you did.

IMHO I will only go to Ford Store in Morgan Hill and I take my truck to Mission Valley since they only work on trucks.

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
Had mine done 500miles ago

Also had motor blow up last week

Apparantly after holding the car for 3days and giving me a repair order billing Ford for the recall procedure it wasn't done.

Bottom line: Hoses blew out! Car has less than 4k miles and needs new motor..

I suggest to all check and make sure you have the updated hose so that Flynn flammer scammer mechanic didn't just bill it out and never did the work.
Sorry to hear. Sounds like the ball is in your court at this point however i.e lawsuit, new car, buy back, you name it!

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Looks like Ford is not alone with oil cooler line issues. This is about to come out for the 17 Hellcats....

FCA Canada has announced a safety recall on certain 2017 (LD) Dodge Charger and 2017 (LA) Dodge Challenger vehicles equipped with a 6.2L Supercharged engine (Sales Code ESD).

Some of the above vehicles may experience engine oil cooler line separation at the crimped joining of the rubber hose to the aluminum tube. In the event of the line separation the driver may experience impaired visibility due to oil spray on the windshield, engine seizure, and potential risk of a fire due to the engine oil contacting a hot surface. The rapid loss of engine oil resulting in impaired visibility may result in a crash without a warning.

FCA will conduct a voluntary safety recall to replace the engine oil cooler lines.
Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 4th Quarter of 2017.

We ask that you please take the time to ensure that your personnel are aware of this communication and are prepared to execute a customer friendly process for inquiries regarding involved vehicles

While this is from FCA Canada, I expect the same thing here in the US. They only built about 6k Hellcats in 2017 so the scale should be similar to what we saw with the GT350. I wonder if the same manufacturer made these hoses too.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Same sub vendor?
That is what I'm wondering.

At least if a GT350 line went it does not spray the windshield with oil:doh:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Oil Spray on the windshield? :lol: Makes me feel better about our ticking time bomb GT350s

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
That's good to hear, maybe they have changed things over there since I have went, which was a few years ago. I cannot say I had a good experience with our company van or personal sales experience but good to hear you did.

IMHO I will only go to Ford Store in Morgan Hill and I take my truck to Mission Valley since they only work on trucks.
Mission Valley is awesome. Wish they worked on cars too!

Ford Store is too far for me to use on service, but would definitely buy from them.

-T
Sponsored