Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Im rushing my car into the dealership right now, 2 days ago started to make a horrible noise and shake in a weird way.

4k miles since the last oil change, checked a month ago it was fine checked today and nothing on the damn stick and I saw metallic when I wiped the oil stick off.

F@CK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh oh that doesn't sound good, good luck with your ordeal and report back.
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Yup.

You are either leaking quite a bit or burning it (which I doubt). Or...the last one to change the oil didn't put enough back in and it went unnoticed.
I do all service myself at my shop so its not that, it had some leaking out the oil line from what they said today but not enough to warrant 6 quarts lost so seems its burning it bad.

^ I'd gusss so. If you are all of a sudden missing a couple quarts of oil - it likely is leaking out somewhere and the underside of your car should have evidence of this.

Hope everything is ok.
Minor evidence of leak but not enough to have that much.

Oh oh that doesn't sound good, good luck with your ordeal and report back.
Just posted a thread up in this subsection, seems when they let the oil out they observed metal flakes and such coming out so seems the motor is done from the looks of it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Did it myself.

On a whim, I called the number on the card. For a moment I thought I had instead been put through to a Mexican restaurant. Actually, make that for the whole conversation. I was told that I had reached the Ford "Customer Relations Center." It was difficult understanding what was being said to me as the English being spoken left a bit to be desired.

After verifying that the vehicle in question was mine, the CRC employee directed me to a local dealer. I then informed him the recall work had been done. He said it didn't show in his system. I stated that this was the perfect time for him to do it but he said only a dealer can do it. I then pointed out federal law and that nowhere therein is it mandated that only dealers can perform the recall. It was at that point he became a broken record and any level of understanding beyond the programming he was given at his latest seminar was close to zero. Par for the course and to be expected.

Next up: A letter to the NHTSA.

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Just got this in the mail...

This is as funny as hell... I got this same notice 1 day after I got the recall completed!!! The funny part was that it had the dealer name for which I had contacted 2 months ago. They told me they couldn't do it because I didn't buy the car from them and that since I didn't buy my car locally that I would have a really hard time finding a dealer to do it. This was partially correct since Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, and San Jose dealers all refused to do it!!! I drove 30+ miles to get it done in Morgan Hill this last Friday.

It came from the dealer that is 3 miles from me... p.s. they still have a GT350 for $30k ADM if anyone is interested??? :frusty:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Just goes to show uninformed dealers are. Also can't under why your notice was so late. When did you buy the car?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just goes to show uninformed dealers are. Also can't under why your notice was so late. When did you buy the car?
My impression was that these notices are the "second warning" for people who still haven't had the recall work completed on their cars.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500

I realize Ford may not have complete control over what dealers do or don't do.

However, like it or not, dealers ARE the face of the brand.

How long has Ford been in business ??? They still haven't figured out how to communicate in an efficient fashion with dealers ? Maybe some dealers are morons ?? Maybe Ford is way too heavy in the bureaucratic B.S. department ??

All I know is the next time I see Dave Pericak gushing all over my monitor about the Ford brand, I may have to throw up.

I rented a 6th gen car a few weeks ago in CA. Had 1,000 miles on it. Body panel alignment was less than desirable. The drivers side door didn't even sit flush with the body of the car when closed.

Unbelievable.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This is as funny as hell... I got this same notice 1 day after I got the recall completed!!! The funny part was that it had the dealer name for which I had contacted 2 months ago. They told me they couldn't do it because I didn't buy the car from them and that since I didn't buy my car locally that I would have a really hard time finding a dealer to do it. This was partially correct since Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, and San Jose dealers all refused to do it!!! I drove 30+ miles to get it done in Morgan Hill this last Friday.

It came from the dealer that is 3 miles from me... p.s. they still have a GT350 for $30k ADM if anyone is interested??? :frusty:
Let me guess that is Capitol Ford, those guys suck. HA! Dude that is complete bullsh!t on them not wanting to service your car cause you didn't buy from them, I wouldn't go there anyway since Morgan Hill treats there customers good and does good work so far for me. These local CA dealers for these cars are the worst, except the one, 40+ miles from me, little closer for you.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer's can train and be trained by Ford to give good customer service and good deals. My dealership in Victoria,Tx. and Port Lavaca,Tx. are owned by Ben Keating who races in IMSA series road racing circuit. I recently was informed of a 2016 GT 350 white with blue stripes for $60,000 and has only 4,000 miles. PM me for consultation on purchase if interested.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
My car is due to be done on Monday. Not doing anything to the splitter. I expect them to mount and mount it properly. If they break it they'll replace it.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I recommend that when you drop you car off you take your service rep with you while take picks even under the car and get rep in some. Nothing like aa little proof on condition.

Sidebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can anyone in the greater Los Angeles area recommend a dealer who has performed the oil line recall service in a timely and workmanlike manner?
Sponsored