Sponsored

Rear window paint chipping

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anyone who has that issue should post about it and include hi res images on Ford's Social Media accounts and exclaim how is it that Ford won't do anything about it. It's clearly a manufacturing defect due to either inadequate prepping or paint adhesion.

I get the "out of warranty" for Paint and Corrosion, which is 5/60 AND no metal perforation needed on the 2016+... but c'mon already, that should be fixed by Ford.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue Metallic MT
OP, did you have any luck?

I am having this issue too...I noticed the window channels last fall - at that point it was only flaking off of the rubber sealant - figured I would deal with the issue in the spring, then Covid hit and threw that all for a loop. Fast forward to today - washing the car at the local self-serve and a large chunk of paint flakes off above the window channel. I'm furious... I'm past the 3 year B2B warranty period, but if Ford thinks I'm going to pay to fix their complete shit workmanship, they are gonna be sorry..... Just look at this! :explode::explode::explode:
IMG_5566.JPG
IMG_5559.JPG
IMG_5555.JPG
IMG_5554.JPG
I had the exact same issue with my 2017 Grabber Blue Mustang. I took it to the dealership and they sent pictures to their Ford rep.

Whole car repainted had 58k miles on it and it was in year 5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue Metallic MT
I had the exact same issue with my 2017 Grabber Blue Mustang. I took it to the dealership and they sent pictures to their Ford rep.

Whole car repainted had 58k miles on it and it was in year 5

so much so that I thought you had stolen my pictures :)

TIMS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TIM
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Cobra Jet I Agree with you totally a Ford Failure. Cant get them to help with repair costs but they still want my 440.00$ car payment each month...🤣😣😩😱

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
More bad news found spare tire well full of water. Looks like windows now leaking. GREAT!!!!
Check the third brake light. This has been a known source for water leaks.
Sponsored