Sponsored

Rear View Camera Not Available

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I just put in a new powered sub in my 17 GT. I opened up the harness to get to the speaker wires and now mine doesn't work. Been doing a lot of research and it looks like the problem is in the bend where the wires usually snap. Do I need to cut the whole harness open or is there a common place where the wires come apart. I'm out of Warranty.
The only way to find the break is to cut open the outer black conduit (carefully) to expose all of the wires within it. Usually the break occurs at the bend, but can't say that is the only possible location for a break in the wiring.

The problem with the earlier models isn't so much the bend it's the fact that the harness was also short where it didn't have enough length to properly bend from the opening/closing of the trunk lid. So the wires would break beyond the bend too.
Sponsored

17GTWow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0
The only way to find the break is to cut open the outer black conduit (carefully) to expose all of the wires within it. Usually the break occurs at the bend, but can't say that is the only possible location for a break in the wiring.

The problem with the earlier models isn't so much the bend it's the fact that the harness was also short where it didn't have enough length to properly bend from the opening/closing of the trunk lid. So the wires would break beyond the bend too.
Thank you Cobra jet! Thats what I was afraid of, I'll strip it down next week when I have time and look for the break. I did this kinda stuff in high school so I know enough to be dangerous. Thanks for the tip! I'll let you know what I find out. I did a good amount of "yanking" on the wires to get to the speaker wires, so I'm sure I did the damage. Luckily it's just wires and with some patience it's an easy repair. thanks again!

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Well this is convenient! Mine worked fine until I installed a new decklid panel tonight. I've got a blue screen when I put it in reverse now.

It first happened when I plugged the camera back in sans panel to check if it was still fine. I then disconnected and reconnected it and it was working again. But after reinstalling it for the last time with the decklid it went back to the blue screen. I suspect and really hope it's just my camera, but I'll try to have a look at the harness before I order a new camera.

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Just got "Camera not available" for the first time today. Out of factory warranty, so going to need to trace down the harness and find the damage. Glad to find some useful information on this issue.

Hoping I can get it fixed before the trunk release cables get damaged.
Sponsored