mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Hello all!
I originally intended this to be to Kelly @BMR Tech , but it wouldn't let me start a private conversation. Below is my issue and description. There's a clanking noise that comes from the rear passenger side, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the CB005 kit (I switched all other components from left to right and the sound stays on the right side). Besides CB005 the other mods are BMR upper control arms (UCA762), BMR Sp083 Handling springs, and Bilstein shocks. Car is 2019 GT non-PP. No upgraded sway bars or end links though everything is torqued to spec. Although full disclosure, I wasn't able to clock the 2 inner control arm bolts (forward and rearward)....could that be it? Ran out of time since it requires removing the exhaust.

Thanks for your help guys!

(Message to Kelly)

Hi Kelly! My name is Mir; I read a lot of your posts on the forum and your insight is always most valuable! For example the post about clocking the bushings; I have done that thanks to your post and photos!

I have a question about a noise I'm hearing in the rear passenger side, like a loose metal clanking sound. And it appears to happen during rapid ups and downs with the rear right wheel. I've changed out many parts to isolate the problem and I still have the sound.

Anyway I wanted to ask if this CB005 kit looks fine to you on both left and right sides. On the left side the brace does not sit up flat against the subframe. I've reinstalled it many times over the course of a few months and it always sits like this. I wonder if it not being flat is causing the subframe to move on the other side, somehow.

Thanks for any suggestions!

20221119_150829.jpg

20221119_150819.jpg
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all!
I originally intended this to be to Kelly @BMR Tech , but it wouldn't let me start a private conversation. Below is my issue and description. There's a clanking noise that comes from the rear passenger side, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the CB005 kit (I switched all other components from left to right and the sound stays on the right side). Besides CB005 the other mods are BMR upper control arms (UCA762), BMR Sp083 Handling springs, and Bilstein shocks. Car is 2019 GT non-PP. No upgraded sway bars or end links though everything is torqued to spec. Although full disclosure, I wasn't able to clock the 2 inner control arm bolts (forward and rearward)....could that be it? Ran out of time since it requires removing the exhaust.
Why don't you remove the CB005 and check. With such solutions is normal to have some increase in NVH. There are other treads in the forum that report passenger side noise after CB005 install.

OP
OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Why don't you remove the CB005 and check. With such solutions is normal to have some increase in NVH. There are other treads in the forum that report passenger side noise after CB005 install.
That's a good point! I removed/replaced the passenger side one with the original Ford bracket and the sound was still there; I haven't done it with both passenger and driver pieces though. I noticed yesterday that the driver side piece looked a little slanted. I should give that a try. Thanks @bnightstar !

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That's a good point! I removed/replaced the passenger side one with the original Ford bracket and the sound was still there; I haven't done it with both passenger and driver pieces though. I noticed yesterday that the driver side piece looked a little slanted. I should give that a try. Thanks @bnightstar !
My drivers side brace is longer than the passenger. I don't think this is on purpose but a shitty welding job or bad fixture. Have a look at this: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hing-lockout-kit-pics-info.23215/post-3557351
I couldn't get mine to sit right so I ordered a new one from BMR. They sent me the wrong color and the new one also measures too long. The BMR braces are garbage as far as I am concerned.
Don't bother trying to reach out to Kelly @BMR Tech. I don't think he works there anymore.
My passenger side was squeaking so bad I removed it and put the OEM brace back on. No more noise now. This is contradictory to your experience. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the aluminum pucks that are part of the CB005 kit.

OP
OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
My drivers side brace is longer than the passenger. I don't think this is on purpose but a shitty welding job or bad fixture. Have a look at this: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hing-lockout-kit-pics-info.23215/post-3557351
I couldn't get mine to sit right so I ordered a new one from BMR. They sent me the wrong color and the new one also measures too long. The BMR braces are garbage as far as I am concerned.
Don't bother trying to reach out to Kelly @BMR Tech. I don't think he works there anymore.
My passenger side was squeaking so bad I removed it and put the OEM brace back on. No more noise now. This is contradictory to your experience. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the aluminum pucks that are part of the CB005 kit.
Wow thanks for sharing that thread @StangTime ! It was a relief to see it wasn't just my problem and also that this may be the source of the noise! Because that noise was/is driving me crazy esp since I've replaced and retorqued the rear parts so many times now -- so thanks for this info!

I had removed the passenger side bracket since that's where I was hearing the noise, but it's possible the noise is a result of the driver bracket being off. I will remove both sometime soon and report back what I find.

Thanks again!

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Wow thanks for sharing that thread @StangTime ! It was a relief to see it wasn't just my problem and also that this may be the source of the noise! Because that noise was/is driving me crazy esp since I've replaced and retorqued the rear parts so many times now -- so thanks for this info!

I had removed the passenger side bracket since that's where I was hearing the noise, but it's possible the noise is a result of the driver bracket being off. I will remove both sometime soon and report back what I find.

Thanks again!
You're welcome. Sharing knowledge is most important in these situations.

Try driving with your rear seats down. You may be able to pinpoint the noise more clearly.

OP
OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
You're welcome. Sharing knowledge is most important in these situations.

Try driving with your rear seats down. You may be able to pinpoint the noise more clearly.
Okay will do!

I got the Steeda subframe bushing kit (didn't want to remove the BMR, check for noise, then once confirmed THEN install the Steeda...trying to minimize the chances of cross-threading those subframe bolts lol). It should come tomorrow and hopefully will put them in the next day -- will report back what I find. Thanks @StangTime and all!

OP
OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Hello all! Just wanted to give a quick update. I didn't remove/replace the CB005 with the Steeda kit yet but I did clock all the bushings (in the past I wasn't able to get to the front inner and rear inner control arm for the rear) just to see if that solves it. And so far no sound but I won't celebrate so soon because in the past the sound went away for the first couple of days after reclocking the bushings. So we'll see. If it does come back then I'll swap out the BMR for the Steeda kit.
So for now it may have been those 2 bushings not being clocked (even though every other bushing was clocked), so for others who weren't able to get to those 2 rear inner bolts that may be it!
Will update if the noise comes back. Thanks all! @bnightstar @StangTime 👍👍

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Hello all! Just wanted to give a quick update. I didn't remove/replace the CB005 with the Steeda kit yet but I did clock all the bushings (in the past I wasn't able to get to the front inner and rear inner control arm for the rear) just to see if that solves it. And so far no sound but I won't celebrate so soon because in the past the sound went away for the first couple of days after reclocking the bushings. So we'll see. If it does come back then I'll swap out the BMR for the Steeda kit.
So for now it may have been those 2 bushings not being clocked (even though every other bushing was clocked), so for others who weren't able to get to those 2 rear inner bolts that may be it!
Will update if the noise comes back. Thanks all! @bnightstar @StangTime 👍👍
Put spherical bearings in the control arms, cam links, vertical links, and toe links. No more bushings to clock

OP
OP

mali321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mir
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 301A
Put spherical bearings in the control arms, cam links, vertical links, and toe links. No more bushings to clock
LOL -- I like that haha!
Yeah, this loaded suspension components' torquing is such a hassle, lol. I mean it makes total sense, just not my most favorite thing to do lol

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
LOL -- I like that haha!
Yeah, this loaded suspension components' torquing is such a hassle, lol. I mean it makes total sense, just not my most favorite thing to do lol
This rubber bushing thing is an affront to performance all in the name of getting the Lincoln like ride...except it's not a Lincoln. It's a Mustang. It's suppose to have predictable handling and wheels that don't hop during a burn out. I guess it makes the accountants happy too
Sponsored