K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Those square damper things were only present on EB cars of that generation. The bushings are a pain to replace and OEM bushings are not available at all; they are considered part of the subframe. The good news is, there is a good chance your noise will have a simpler resolution than that.
Interesting...I should hope that my noise is a far simpler solution. As I discovered this very not normal play in my driver side rear wheel on a hunch before I lowered the car. Not to say it isn't possible, but I'd shocked if this was causing such noise the whole time. There's no play on the passenger side rear to speak of. To my mind, this would be indicative of a very worn hub or wheel bearing.

I'd like to hope that warranty can cover this.

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Could be. Usually a bad hub will cause more of a clicking sound, but either way you need to get that dealt with. It’s a common failure.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Could be. Usually a bad hub will cause more of a clicking sound, but either way you need to get that dealt with. It’s a common failure.
Absolutely! I've also got an incessant clicking sound around my shifter that I've been trying to solve for a good while too. I'd be somewhat happy if it's actually the hub this whole time, and I solve that issue. We'll see.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Dealer confirmed that it was a bad wheel bearing. We'll see if the noise is reduced in any amount when I get the car back. It'll be a while, the hood is getting corrected/replaced for corrosion.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
New wheel bearing sorted the issue out entirely! Who’d have thought it could make that much noise!
Sponsored