Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'll be damned if a base, cloth-seat Mach with RSD and the Handling Pack doesn't sound like the S550 equivalent of the Boss 302 Laguna Seca.....
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I agree with that! The car should have gotten the GT350's knuckles, rotors, and calipers to boot. Ford also could have given you caliper color options instead of being continually lazy and doing nothing about it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I agree with that! The car should have gotten the GT350's knuckles, rotors, and calipers to boot. Ford also could have given you caliper color options instead of being continually lazy and doing nothing about it.
There is a red caliper option. Agreed on the rest though. At least the knuckles.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
As much as I would have liked the 350 brakes, I can only imagine the outrage on here from 350 owners had that been an option. It would have made the Mach 1 too close to the Shelby

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
As much as I would have liked the 350 brakes, I can only imagine the outrage on here from 350 owners had that been an option. It would have made the Mach 1 too close to the Shelby
PP Brakes are fine , for fronts, they should of added 4 piston rears though.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't live in the past forever. The GT350 is now dead and had a great run. We only have a few years left and all of this goes bye bye. Costs are already amortized on the GT350 brakes so it's no biggie. THAT would definitely make it raise an eyebrow for those that are serious about tracking. The radial caliper mount alone and more robust hub mount makes it far superior without ever having the need for adapter brackets, etc, if you wanna upgrade.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
You can't live in the past forever. The GT350 is now dead and had a great run. We only have a few years left and all of this goes bye bye. Costs are already amortized on the GT350 brakes so it's no biggie. THAT would definitely make it raise an eyebrow for those that are serious about tracking. The radial caliper mount alone and more robust hub mount makes it far superior without ever having the need for adapter brackets, etc, if you wanna upgrade.
You’re not going to get an argument from me. Like I said I wish they would have included them but I don’t think Ford wanted to upset the people that paid for the Shelby name. They need that name to stay a tier above everything else.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At inception, or introduction, the king (or top dog) gets the latest and greatest. The peasants get the scraps. As time passes, what was was once revolutionary now gets passed on to the masses so they can benefit from typical advancements. Ford has done this throughout time.

The reason they won't do this here is because the car can get by with less and Ford has the opportunity to make an even better return, plain and simple. If enthusiasts, the community, or competition doesn't pressure them to provide more/better content - they sit on their hands and count the money. Witness the total lack of any attempt by Ford to have ever come out with a PDR similar to what Camaro and Corvette owners have access to.

What I was getting at is that time is very limited here both for the S550 and for ICE performance vehicles in general. So you have to push for all you can get while we still have the opportunity. I will say this, color me shocked that Ford chose to use the TR3160 (GT350 owners must be absolutely furious!!! Lol) or to offer an optional rear seat delete (Egads! CFTP/GT350R owners will be committing mass suicide at any moment!!!) in the lowly Mach 1.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
There is a red caliper option. Agreed on the rest though. At least the knuckles.
The red caliper option here in Canada came in at $1300 if you can believe it, especially when the Appearance Pack itself was $1350 and gave you the orange calipers. Go figure.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
First I heard of a rear seat delete for the 2021 Mach 1. It would be fitting to have a rear seat delete option for the most track worthy 5.0 !

Yeah, most track worthy...
Anyone else notice that now that they have Mach 1 specifics on the Ford website, they don't mention transmission coolers and diff coolers being included.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I wanted the rear seat delete. Sadly, I've already been assigned a serial #. Oh well, it is what it is ............
Sponsored