Sponsored

Rear Seat Delete Pics

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just spent a couple of hours sleuthing. Hopefully I'm onto something.

I started with Mr XXX0's VIN that he shared with me. I went online and searched only for 2021 HP Mach 1's that were either with RSD or without RSD. I tried to match the rest of the option content as well to his. I then downloaded the AB data direct from the Motorcraft site for each VIN. I also downloaded AB data for 2021 GT500's in both CFTP and Base. I found some consistency across the two models when I ran the AB data through a comparator that looks at the data for each control module which makes it easy to spot any differences. Ford has made some address changes recently and the comparator is a few years old now so I'm not certain the module listed is correct as I haven't looked to verify. It'd be nice if any of you savvy FORScan guys can chime in.

I looked at a sampling of 3 or 4 VINs for each category but am showing the comparator with 1 pair of each as I think it represents the sample accurately. Below is a crop from the comparator that I then labeled to make it easier to identify for you. The top two VINs were cars that were optioned with a rear seat delete and the bottom two listed came with rear seats. Again, this is just a crop, there is no way I could fit all the data it spews out (and no need to).

Mach1 VIN list copy.jpg

I scoured through everything looking closely at similarities between all RSD cars versus cars that had rear seats, and I had them run in the order (and color coding) shown above. The 737-02-01 address, shown listed below as the Restraint Control Module, was always showing the RSD cars as the same as each other and the non-RSD cars the same as each other as well. So look at the first two lines (which are RSD HP Mach1's) and scroll over to the values that show "10A8." Then notice the two lines beneath (in the same column) both show "7008."

Mach1 RCM comparison copy.jpg

I then looked at comparing two 2021 CFTP GT500's against two 2021 Base GT500's as the CFTP cars come with the RSD and the Base cars do not.

TOP 2 ARE CFTP AND BOTTOM 2 ARE BASE copy.jpg

Guess what....same as with the Mach1 cars. Again, the top two lines are from GT500 RSD cars and the bottom two are from GT500 cars that had rear seats.

CFTP GT500 TOP2 BASE GT500 BOTTOM 2 copy.jpg

The RCM part number is the same for both the GT500 and the Mach1 according to the AB data. Interestingly enough, within the RCM's there were plenty of differences at certain addresses among the sampling but the 737-02-01 address looks to consistently show the same data for RSD cars (whether CFTP GT500 or HP Mach1 with the RSD option) and it also shows the same similarity between the non-RSD cars.

I suppose you could test by unplugging the rear belt sensor(s) in a given non-RSD 2021 Mustang and then dive into FORScan to see if changing the HEX values at the appropriate 737 address turns off the reminder.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spent more time looking at a few more VINs as well as going the through the factory service manual. I have a copy of the 2020 Mustang manual and am curious about an update concerning the rear seat Beltminder that may be in the 2021 Mustang manual. Note what it says for the RCM in the 2020 manual...

For Bryan to see if the 2021 manual shows that you can disable the rear seat belts too as this...jpg

I'd like to know if the rear seats are now listed as "available programmable parameters" for 2021.

I also looked at AB data for regular Mach1 cars (non-HP) and noticed that the HEX data at the 737-02-01 address was exactly the same as that of the non-RSD HP Mach 1's. That being, the "C768 ED3B 7008" value. If the beltminder is an issue upon disconnecting the belts for a RSD install, changing the last four values may alleviate the issue. As such, you would change the 7008 to 10A8 and save. I may be off and this doesn't work but so far that is what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Ford Performance and spoke with Jeremy about much of this. Great guy, I'm glad he's there. I wrote him an email that hopefully makes it up the chain a bit and can provide more clarity.

My #1 Ford Parts guru sent me the requisite section from the '21 service manual and it shows the same things as the '20 manual regarding the RCM.

2021 RCM in service manual.JPG

So I don't see anything different addressing the rear belts in the RCM in comparison to previous years.

Of note though as brought up else where, the kit should physically fit any 2021 Mach1 (and other S550's as well) but FP is excluding '15,'16,'17, and '21. From their instruction sheet...

RSD.JPG

The RSD panel itself has not changed since first introduced so I'm not sure why the earlier years wouldn't be included. Not "applicable" for '21 and forward Mustangs could be due to fitment not yet being verified or indeed the belt issue - not sure and part of why I asked for clarification.

I installed an earlier FP RSD kit into my 2020 GT500 and fitment/function was perfect.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-gt500-rear-seat-delete.140693/

In addition, I asked Jeremy about availability. Sounded like they had 20 or so orders come in but the part is again on backorder and he mentioned until December 20th.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Not loading a page anymore. Looks similar to Watson's version. How much was it?

I'm torn on this option. Although I see myself wanting RSD eventually I like the idea of having the rear seatbelt attachments for use with a Schroth Quickfit Pro until I invest in a Watson 4 point. Though it now sounds like a pain with the dash warning lights. I wonder if a dealer would be able to tell your car you now have a RSD and get the warning lights to turn off? I suppose if I order with the RSD I could probably still pull it off, cut holes in it for the Schroth and bolt in the necessary hardware. I think I would make the choice based on availability. I wouldn't want the car delayed for that.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So where the belts go into the top. That plastic part pops out but the only way to slip the belt out of that piece is to just put a slice in the plastic.
You could order the pieces for a RSD car. I have a pair, and they are essentially the same part (still have the opening for the belt) but would go in place of your existing units which would remove as an assembly with the belts (i.e. nothing hacked up).

Here are the numbers:

delete plates.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Made my own. Weighs 3.5 lbs. Cost me like 20 bucks and its shows haha.
20211025_141739.jpg

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
You could order the pieces for a RSD car. I have a pair, and they are essentially the same part (still have the opening for the belt) but would go in place of your existing units which would remove as an assembly with the belts (i.e. nothing hacked up).

Here are the numbers:

delete plates.jpeg
Nice! Considering I might go with an aftermarket RSD. Heck I might end up keeping my PP2 in which case this will still be something I would want.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. I wonder if a dealer would be able to tell your car you now have a RSD and get the warning lights to turn off?
This is the code I've been posting on. It does not look like the dealer has the ability to program for the rear seats.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
has somebody posted a CAD of the opening? Or is everyone just making it up on their own?

OP
OP

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Hey, guys… Can we keep this to the original topic of the thread?

Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Intention is to install the seat delete piece and also install two buckles from a wrecked mustang rear seat belt assembly so the rear seat belts appear plugged in all the time.
All tucked in and secured underneath the seat delete cover.

The guard dog wont be happy about all this.
Dog rear seat delete.jpg

Last edited:

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Been time but any updates on this?

Old thread, I know, but wanted to put up a bit more info on this...

2021 M1. I just did a RSD and disassembled one of the seat belt receptacles as I wanted to reverse-engineer a bypass that could be just plugged in. I'd read that various resistors and simple jumpers dont work.

Its a 2-wire hall effect sensor with a very small magnet. Uses a feedback loop to verify system integrity and change-in-state to recognize buckled vs unbuckled. No real way to create a bypass.

So I'll be just plugging in the original belt receptacles and securing / wrapping them under the delete as others have done. Still seems like the best way.

Never noticed any rear seat occupancy sensors for air bag arming. Didnt unplug anything from the seats. Suspect the airbag system uses the seatbelt system to arm / disarm the airbags?

Peace.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Old thread, I know, but wanted to put up a bit more info on this...

2021 M1. I just did a RSD and disassembled one of the seat belt receptacles as I wanted to reverse-engineer a bypass that could be just plugged in. I'd read that various resistors and simple jumpers dont work.

Its a 2-wire hall effect sensor with a very small magnet. Uses a feedback loop to verify system integrity and change-in-state to recognize buckled vs unbuckled. No real way to create a bypass.

So I'll be just plugging in the original belt receptacles and securing / wrapping them under the delete as others have done. Still seems like the best way.

Never noticed any rear seat occupancy sensors for air bag arming. Didnt unplug anything from the seats. Suspect the airbag system uses the seatbelt system to arm / disarm the airbags?

Peace.
Thanks for your post,
Just to confirm with the feedback loop in place this prevents the option of just removing the top section of the seat belts on both sides and leaving the belt receptacle's ln place and secured under the delete floor unbuckled?

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Thanks for your post,
Just to confirm with the feedback loop in place this prevents the option of just removing the top section of the seat belts on both sides and leaving the belt receptacle's ln place and secured under the delete floor unbuckled?
Prevents? No.

That's exactly what you DO need to do. As has been done in the past.

The feedback loop is only in the lower receptacle, but goes thru the Hall sensor. When unplugged, it throws a fault. And there's no real way to bypass the sensor, so the best action is still to leave the lower receptacle electrically connected and secure it away under the delete panel.

Peace...
Sponsored