Rear Seat Delete Take Rates

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
You'll have to tap them for bolts. Non rear seat cars have stickers over the untapped holes to seal off the passenger compartment.
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
You'll have to tap them for bolts. Non rear seat cars have stickers over the untapped holes to seal off the passenger compartment.
Maybe I'll just run the 3 point belts until I get a roll bar. Not that tapping a hole is difficult.

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
I purchased my M1 with the rear seats. Then I got more serious and passionate about Tracking my car. After doing some research whether to just stay as is or put in a roll bar with harnesses, I decided to copy the Ford Performance school guys and fit the Watson Roll bar and keep my car street legal. I can still use my seat belts for normal driving and then the harness for the track. When on the track, I never felt very secure in my seat with the std 3-point belt and always struggled to get it optimally tight. So the harness was the answer but then you need a roll bar.
So I had to purchase the rear seat delete kit anyway. So I think the main reason for rear seat delete option is if you intend putting a roll cage in. I said 'main' reason...not, 'only' reason.
IMG-20221219-WA0010.jpg

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I purchased my M1 with the rear seats. Then I got more serious and passionate about Tracking my car. After doing some research whether to just stay as is or put in a roll bar with harnesses, I decided to copy the Ford Performance school guys and fit the Watson Roll bar and keep my car street legal. I can still use my seat belts for normal driving and then the harness for the track. When on the track, I never felt very secure in my seat with the std 3-point belt and always struggled to get it optimally tight. So the harness was the answer but then you need a roll bar.
So I had to purchase the rear seat delete kit anyway. So I think the main reason for rear seat delete option is if you intend putting a roll cage in. I said 'main' reason...not, 'only' reason.
IMG-20221219-WA0010.jpg
Looks good Ian!!

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Looks good Ian!!
Thanks Anthony. I'm checking it out today but a note on my lap belt section of harness. It goes behind my seat and is mounted behind the seat on the floor. I am not happy with the angle as it should be mounted closer or where the existing belt is mounted. The angle should be 45deg and the lap section needs to sit on the hip and not abdominal. I checked with Saprco and they agreed that the mounting should be moved.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Thanks Anthony. I'm checking it out today but a note on my lap belt section of harness. It goes behind my seat and is mounted behind the seat on the floor. I am not happy with the angle as it should be mounted closer or where the existing belt is mounted. The angle should be 45deg and the lap section needs to sit on the hip and not abdominal. I checked with Saprco and they agreed that the mounting should be moved.
Hopefully, you can get it adjusted correctly. How was the Watson bar install?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I'm a single young guy and while I drive solo 95% of the time, being able to fit an extra passenger or two in a pinch is kind of a huge deal to me. It's why I did not opt for a Supra or a 2 seater.

I'd imagine most others probably feel the same except for those who buy this as an exclusive track toy.
Yeah, you can reasonably comfortably fit three people in the car if one of them is small, and just slightly uncomfortably if not (maybe don't do a long road trip), and four people for short distances in a pinch.

I'm in the same boat, I need it rarely, but I'm glad I have the option. It's ironic coming from me, though, given how much shit I give people for buying SUVs or trucks that they use "properly" like once a year. I'm thinking "just get an Uber or rent a car those one or two times, and you'll probably come out ahead...", but I think this is a more reasonable line to draw.

Honestly, if they made a sedan or shooting brake version of the 'Stang, and it looked even half as good as the coupe, I'd probably buy it... Not an SUV, though, and definitely not a Mach E lol.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone that ordered with a rear seat delete. I'm wondering if you pull it out are the holes where seat belts would go threaded? I'm thinking of ways to install Schroth Quick Fit Pro harnesses without having the rear seat. I already have 2 extra rear seatbelt recepticles. I would just need to install those and the Schroth parts that go in the back seat area and then cut slots in the RSD (possible a second, cheapter, after market RSD).
I just went ahead and cut slots in my Ford RSD for the Schroth harness. Looks great, works great. Its customized now and perfect for my needs.

My RSD is in there for good. If I do get a rollbar in the future and mount the harness a different way, I'll just patch the slots from behind. The slots don't look like much and as fuzzy as the RSD is, you'd probably have to know where to look to even spot them.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I just went ahead and cut slots in my Ford RSD for the Schroth harness. Looks great, works great. Its customized now and perfect for my needs.

My RSD is in there for good. If I do get a rollbar in the future and mount the harness a different way, I'll just patch the slots from behind. The slots don't look like much and as fuzzy as the RSD is, you'd probably have to know where to look to even spot them.
What I meant was the holes where the seatbelts would be bolted into underneath the RSD. When ordering a car from the factory with a RSD there are no seatbelts...and it sound like the holes aren't threaded either. Which surprises me that all of them aren't threaded.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What I meant was the holes where the seatbelts would be bolted into underneath the RSD. When ordering a car from the factory with a RSD there are no seatbelts...and it sound like the holes aren't threaded either. Which surprises me that all of them aren't threaded.
Ahh. Yeah IDK.

Sponsored

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, you can get it adjusted correctly. How was the Watson bar install?
The lap belt wasn't that far off. Still went over my hips but I'll try them on the next track day and then decide. The roll bar looks great.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have the RSD in mine, and my previous car 2020 GT350 I did the Watson roll bar powder coated to match along with their rear seat delete.
C92A7350-FA0C-4876-97D3-DD8E6CFF34DB.jpeg

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I should add, I’ll be doing this rollbar and seat delete from Watson again this summer in my Mach 1

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I didn't get the RSD just in case I wanted to pickup a pair of hot đź‘™ hitchhikers. :wink:

Actually we're setting it up for our dog.

When I was in High School I had a '67 Fastback that had about the same amount of room in the back seat as my '22 M1. I could fit two of my sisters gymnastics team girls back there or one normal sized girl (over 5' and 90lbs.) sitting sideways.
Sponsored