Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Now that the Mach 1 rear seat delete option is shown in WBDO I can confirm that pricing is $250 and the rear seat requires that you order the Mach 1 Handling package ($3500). So you must add $3750 in total options to get the rear seat delete.

Attached is an example
Sponsored

Attachments

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Never knew that the rear seat delete was even available on the Mach 1. Quite a cool option to order, especially since it was never mentioned in the original release and press stuff.
Perhaps you've brought it to light now. Not many would have it I suppose.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I understand the option, but don't quite get it. I'd rather get the panel and the seat in the trunk so I could protect resale value. - or- just drop 15 lbs and keep the seat. Just my 2 pennies.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I understand the option, but don't quite get it. I'd rather get the panel and the seat in the trunk so I could protect resale value. - or- just drop 15 lbs and keep the seat. Just my 2 pennies.
Because , race car

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I understand the option, but don't quite get it.
I put a GT350R rear seat delete in my GT right after I got the car because the rear seat is useless to me. Nobody is going fit in the rear seat behind me, not even a child, unless they are a double mid-femur amputee, and I'm only 6'2".

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
To be fair, I think the RSD should be an option on any Mustang. There has never been a human being in the back seat of my '15, and likely never will be while I own it. I would have ordered RSD in a heartbeat, radio delete as well as I hate touchscreens in cars.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I put a GT350R rear seat delete in my GT right after I got the car because the rear seat is useless to me. Nobody is going fit in the rear seat behind me, not even a child, unless they are a double mid-femur amputee, and I'm only 6'2".
I'm 6'6" and was able to fit two car seats for my 3 and 1 year old at the time into the back of my 2003 cobra and drive. Don't mind that my knees were in the dash, but I did it! We didn't go very far.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Interesting that you can order a RSD on a Mach but not a GT500 Base with Handling Package or Carbon Fiber Handling Package. Or can you...?

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'm only 5.9", and the Mustang is the daily driver. Both my children fit fine in the rear, though it is my own preference to have the seat really close to the steering wheel (I feel I have better control), which helps some I guess.

I'm not sure how much the oldest daughter has to go on before she'll start hitting the roof in the back though, so I'm trying to give her less food now in order to starve off that problem. I mean, stave off that problem.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
If anyone here gets a Mach 1 and doesn't want the seat delete let me know or some 350 seats in trade. Ford being the outstanding company they are didn't even offer it to us non R 350 owners for $250 or expect us to pay ridiculous prices.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
While I understand the logic for racing (would be nice to know how much weight is saved and what the benefit really is). In general, I have trouble paying for a delete.

If I had to pay for it, I'd want the parts for the ability to install it if I want or make it available to the next owner or use it in my man cave. I don't like loosing seating capacity/options even though maybe it won't get used much but to each his own.

The primary point is, if I'm paying for a delete, give me the parts that you take off and charge me the delta or just sell the kit. I like this approach with my Harley as I was able to keep what I want and sell the rest.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too bad it doesn't work that way.

If you research the parts for the RSD, you'll quickly see how expensive it is on its own, without being subsidized by the overall vehicle purchase. The cost of the RSD via the option box is extremely low.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Too bad it doesn't work that way.

If you research the parts for the RSD, you'll quickly see how expensive it is on its own, without being subsidized by the overall vehicle purchase. The cost of the RSD via the option box is extremely low.

Now I am assuming you researched the parts :)

Question ... does the factory RSD come with different trim pieces ? I know with the aftermarket , you need to slice the trim piece and slide the shoulder belt out .

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having installed a few of Ford's RSD kits, yes. Ford uses a belt bezel with no slit in it on factory RSD cars and included them in RSD kits when FP still sold them.
Sponsored