Sponsored

Rear Bumper Fix

Takiotoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Well is time to have this fixed on my car, does anyone know a good dealership in the dallas/ Frisco tx area I can take my car? thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Takiotoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
So no one can recommend a good dealership?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Dealer will make it worst. Search my thread and you will find how to fix it the easy and better way.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OP, many have had issues with what ford deems the solution may be. My dealership's body shop department has had applied the TSB to a few to a few S550s and when they got to mine they convinced me to allow them just to remove the bumper and to readjust. To my knowledge, they just had to readjust the left side. They billed ford for the time so the "TSB" is applied. Anyhow, it's probably going to happen again yet the method ford is suggesting may be a longer solution but the outcome may not be what you're looking for and it can make it worse.

It's like when you go to the doctor and they have you sign these waivers. This surgery may save your life but it may also kill you or come out with side affects a paralyzed face or blah blah blah. Apply that here. It may look better or it may look even worse.

Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Get the updated bumper cover supports from the dealership and do it yourself. Takes some time, but it's easy.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
TSB 18-2107 with rear bumper service kit JR3Z-17N775-A. Look at this fix, the procedures, the included compression wedges, and you get a pretty good feeling why people are jamming screws into their bumper to fix it themselves.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
The price to buy on your own also makes it a less than desirable option. As expected, talked to a couple dealerships and they wouldn't even entertain the idea of just giving me the parts under warranty without performing the work themselves.. Even when I've pointed out they've damaged my car both times I was forced for them to see it. I think it's more of a process/legal thing though on their end.
upload_2019-5-22_8-33-29.png

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Hmmm, you guys are making me worry. My dealer ordered the kit but it's not here yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Takiotoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Dealer will make it worst. Search my thread and you will find how to fix it the easy and better way.
Unfortunately due to my job I don't have the time to do it myself.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
The price to buy on your own also makes it a less than desirable option. As expected, talked to a couple dealerships and they wouldn't even entertain the idea of just giving me the parts under warranty without performing the work themselves.. Even when I've pointed out they've damaged my car both times I was forced for them to see it. I think it's more of a process/legal thing though on their end.
upload_2019-5-22_8-33-29.png
Yup, I made an attempt to have them give me the $650 kit "under warranty" and I will get it done myself and they refused. They want to do it themselves, which I refuse to let them do Lol.....oh well.

I have a BMR chromoly rear bumper support Ive been wanting to install and I was trying to knock this out at the same time....im trying to hold off until i get ahold of the bumper fix kit, but I doubt any dealer will just hand it over to me.
Sponsored