Rear Bumper Help

earlrengland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford GT350 08 Ford F250 SuperDuty 13 Saraha
I know these cars were known to have issues with the rear bumper, and a TSB had been issued for models 18 and below, but I'm having a strange issue with my 2019. The drivers side of the rear bumper, has a gap, which appeared to me to be caused by the tabs not engaging the clips. So I tried popping the bumper loose on that side, and re-snapping it back on, but I can't for the life of me, get the 2 clips on the angled body line to engage, so not only is there a gap, it kind of bulges out. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
earlrengland

earlrengland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Warranty?
Yeah, I still have the warranty, but I've heard of horror stories taking it in to a dealer that has no clue how to fix it. If I could do it myself, knowing that I could take better care than someone I don't know, I'd prefer to do that.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yeah, I still have the warranty, but I've heard of horror stories taking it in to a dealer that has no clue how to fix it. If I could do it myself, knowing that I could take better care than someone I don't know, I'd prefer to do that.
They'll take it to the body shop for warranty work. Could you figure out a better solution, maybe. How handy are you? Do you fill comfortable drilling into the chassis, replacing brackets, and etc. Are you prepared to fork out your own cash if it goes wrong?

Take advantage of the TSB and if they fail... well...tell them you do not accept the vehicle as-is and they need to come up with another solution. I'd get it done before summer starts so it can be in the garage ready for you to enjoy it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
earlrengland

earlrengland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
They'll take it to the body shop for warranty work. Could you figure out a better solution, maybe. How handy are you? Do you fill comfortable drilling into the holes, replacing brackets, and etc. Are you prepared to fork out your own cash if it goes wrong?

Take advantage of the TSB and if they fail... well...tell them you do not accept the vehicle as-is and they need to come up with another solution. I'd get it done before summer starts so it can be in the garage ready for you to enjoy it.
If I'm not mistaken, since my car is 2019, the TSB was already done to it. When I popped the bumper, I saw the rivet and an additional screw in the corner of the taillight section, which I beleive is what the TSB covered. Not sure if they started doing that in 2019 from the factory or not. The passenger side is perfect, but those 2 clips on the drivers side is drving me nuts. BTW, very handy with a wrench :)

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I know these cars were known to have issues with the rear bumper, and a TSB had been issued for models 18 and below, but I'm having a strange issue with my 2019. The drivers side of the rear bumper, has a gap, which appeared to me to be caused by the tabs not engaging the clips. So I tried popping the bumper loose on that side, and re-snapping it back on, but I can't for the life of me, get the 2 clips on the angled body line to engage, so not only is there a gap, it kind of bulges out. Any thoughts?

Press on the side of the bumper cover right below the "gap". It should snap back into place. If it does not, then you will need to make a service spot and have them fix it under warranty.

Go to this thread below (ignore it’s for a Roush valance install) and watch it through. It shows every aspect of the rear bumper cover fastener locations and hardware locations (screws), as well where to press to get the clips to snap into place.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1498517&postcount=

Also here is this thread for you and others that includes detailed pics showing how to fix any rear bumper cover panel gaps:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70817&highlight=Bumper

OP
OP
earlrengland

earlrengland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Press on the side of the bumper cover right below the "gap". It should snap back into place. If it does not, then you will need to make a service spot and have them fix it under warranty.

Go to this thread below (ignore it’s for a Roush valance install) and watch it through. It shows every aspect of the rear bumper cover fastener locations and hardware locations (screws), as well where to press to get the clips to snap into place.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1498517&postcount=

Also here is this thread for you and others that includes detailed pics showing how to fix any rear bumper cover panel gaps:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70817&highlight=Bumper
Thanks for the suggestion. I had reviewed those posts earlier before making my post. I did do as you said, and pressed as hard as I could to get them to pop back in, but no go. The second post you suggested, is slightly different from my setup, being that in the corner of the taillight, where the body line is, there's another bolt that looks like it's holding it together as well. I'm just wandering if that bolt section is applying some sort of stress in the area that I can't get snapped in. Reluctantly, I did call my local dealer, and am waiting to hear back from the body shop. I guess we'll see what happens.
Sponsored