Sponsored

Rattling from the B Pillar interior panel

ShelbyGT350DG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I am getting this very annoying rattling noise coming from the driver’s side top B Pillar. It’s the area where the seatbelt is connected. When I push on the panel, the rattling stops. I can try to remove the panel to see whether something is loose or can be fixed with a felt tape. But before I start removing the panel, has anyone dealt with this before? Is it difficult to remove the panel because of the seatbelt? I searched it, but I can’t find anything specifically about the top of the B Pillar area.

I know that our interior quality is poor and these small creaks and squeaks are somewhat normal, but this one is loud and very annoying.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I have the same issue. It comes and goes.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Pressed on it.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I have the exact same rattle on my RHD Mustang B pillar, it is where the seat belt bolts to the pillar and the plastic pieces join. I even pulled mine apart but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary and then it wasn't there after putting it back together... for about a week and then came back. It's annoying as hell because it's just behind my right ear, if I push on the panels or quickly yank on the seat belt to lock it then it stops, let go and its back.

Anyone know a fix for this...please?

Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I notice a similar sound coming from the right quarter glass area. I keep forgetting to tell my wife to drive it around as I sit in the back seat to hunt it down. It does get annoying hearing it at times.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Any of you ever solve this?

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
I put a small sticky felt cushion (the ones you put under chair legs on hardwood floors) where the plastic seemed to be rattling against another piece inside the plastic overlapped part. Worked pretty well.
I've used those little felt sticky things in other areas on other cars for interior rattles, seems to often solve the problem.
I hate rattles.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Take it off and use Dynamatt on it

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Apparently you guys don't drive with the exhaust valves open and the RPM's high enough to mask all the rattles and squeaks! :like:
Just run in a lower gear, keep the valves open, and RPM's up...it is more fun that way anyhow.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I notice a similar sound coming from the right quarter glass area. I keep forgetting to tell my wife to drive it around as I sit in the back seat to hunt it down. It does get annoying hearing it at times.
I had this exact same rattle, even took it to dealer under warranty and they couldn’t figure it out. Once I determined the exact location by pressing on panels while driving an application of foam tape under the upper edge of the trim panel silenced the noise.
Take it off and use Dynamatt on it
I tried using Dynamat on a rattle coming from the left side of the dash by the sunglasses drawer. It did not work and ended up taking off the Dynamat and using foam tape. Noise has not come back.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Apparently you guys don't drive with the exhaust valves open and the RPM's high enough to mask all the rattles and squeaks! :like:
Just run in a lower gear, keep the valves open, and RPM's up...it is more fun that way anyhow.
Also turning up the radio helps too.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
X2 lol
Sponsored